Photography

Bigfoot

I mainly use just a point and shoot Sony DSC-T5. I bought my Mom a Canon S5-IS for her birthday(last year I think), and I use that for fun from time to time.

I'm looking to get the Canon Rebel XSi or the Canon Rebel T1i.

I have a Canon Rebel that is a model or two old. I think you'll like one of those quite nicely. They take awesome pictures.

BlackMage- Those are some amazing shots! I've tried playing around with HDR before, but I've never been able to get it to look natural like those do. How many exposures did you do for those?

I concur, those are some beautiful pictures.

Here are a few pics I took out climbing that I feel really capture the atmosphere:

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

My camera can't quite capture how great a summer night out climbing is, but I tried:

IMG_1504copy.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

BlackMage- Those are some amazing shots! I've tried playing around with HDR before, but I've never been able to get it to look natural like those do. How many exposures did you do for those?

Thanks! I have found that when doing HDR, it's easy to overshoot the color and end up with something that, though cool, is sometimes a bit much. I don't think an occasional uber-HDR photo is bad (can be fun, actually) but I try for a more realistic, subtle approach. For these I used three exposures, each. I think that most are +/- 1 stop, or +/- 2/3 stop.

Edit: Just got some good shots of the mammatus-like clouds over the house, after the storm this evening...

IMG_0601-2.jpg

IMG_0604-2.jpg

IMG_0605-2.jpg