OCR01100 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Internal Affliction' *RESUB*

Protricity

What up.

This remix was just rejected about three weeks ago (for many valid reasons). I've been reworking it since then and was hoping to resubmit it for judging, as several of you recommended. I know it's probably a little soon, but I think this remix is now twice what it used to be. Here's the original judging post:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27508

I hope the judges are pleased with the improvements.

(BTW, I know there isn't an official rule about resubmission policy right now. If you prefer that I resubmit this through the standard submission@overclocked.org rather than PMing one of you judges, just let me know and I'll submit the normal way.)

Thanks a lot for your time. Keep up the good work over there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really digging the style and mood of this. Flowing piano that feels like an endlessly drifting sound into some dark abyss. :D It's very moody, everything is just very transportational.

I'm not crazy about the distortion sections, they break up the mood a little bit. But not enough to be enough of a detraction. I like all the instrument choices here as well, except the ones noted above. Fairly weak ending though.

Nice textures, and good understanding of layering and atmosphere. I particularly like the string pads that appear that carries the piece to the end. I wish there were more layers and stuff going on behind with the pads. I would have liked a little more expansion on some of the concepts here, I'm borderline a bit, but certainly enjoyable enough for a

YES

Edit: typo

I don't remember ever judging the first version, but that's just as well so as to not bias my opinion of this song.

Leeeeeeet's seeeeee... Super stereophonic. Panning and everything is nice, and this song just sounds really full. Lovely. Good work on the EQing and mixing, too.

The sounds are completely great. This song really reminds me of something that this guy on MP3.com that went by the name Enrapture would put out, and his stuff ruled. I think he worked with an EMU XK-6, the same keyboard I've got, but regardless. The piano, the strings, the synths, and the drums all go together really well. The drums all have reverb on them, which is somewhat unusual, but it really works in this case. Groovy.

The arrangement is also cool. This has gone from a super melancholy videogame tune to being a full-fledged ambient techno work of art. The drums seem to be very carefully thought out as far as their role in the song goes, and every aspect of the original is incorporated just as it should be without sounding exactly like the original. Hooray.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Hmph! I live for but one purpose: to dash people's hopes and dreams into nothingness

But today I will make an exception. It is a very well done piece, especially in lieu of the first draft. I especially like how instruments are introduced to add some flecks of atmosphere here and there. Very nice little touches that I rarely get to hear. While it is very well produced overall, it's the little things in this piece that really engage me. Of course, I'm weird like that, but it is appealing on that purely technical level, and that deserves some mention.

It is difficult to stand when you get a

YES