OCR01837 - Ultima Online: Renaissance "History of the Bell City"

The brass is the only real weakness hear, and it's only some articulations in the more exposed areas.

Overall though, this really shines as a thoughtful and creative mix. The builds are awesome, and the tempo shifts are very natural sounding. Accelerando + crecendo leading to a ritardando is such a great combination, and it was pulled off repeatedly without flaw.

Awesome work all around, I think that the goal of bringing the in-game midis to life was easily met here, this is really emotive and has several facets.

Awesome work. :-)

Beautiful, piece; a good chill-out remix with mellow, floating harp and glok. It is a bit quiet, though, but not a problem that couldn't be fixed by a quick volumetric boost from iTunes.

Funny, when I listened through it the first time, I was a bit distracted reading something on Lifehacker and only took vague notice of what I thought was a transition into a guitar solo. It wasn't until after Scott Anderson started singing "Restless tonight, 'cause I wasted the light..." that I realized that Argitoth's remix had ended and iTunes had shuffled to Finger Eleven without me noticing the end of the remix. Melodically speaking, the two songs work pretty well together.

Thank you for all your comments! This was done with Kontakt-only samples. I agree with all complaints on this remix. Since then I've acquired Vienna Symphonic Library strings and Wallander Instruments Brass, not to mention experience. I've not planned on doing another remix, but I keep coming back to Ultima Online music.

I do want to achieve Jeremy Soule's level of sound quality. That requires throwing in some live instruments. I love Oblivion IV: Elder Scrolls music and I hope my next remix (if ever I do one) comes much closer to that level of quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree the fast(er) part sounded really gorgeous I wanted more !!!

Great use of the string swells wow just beautiful, nice intrumentation with the melody around :50. And the orchestration just works so well for the melody you chose.

Song grew on me with more than one listen. Soooo pretty :))))

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01837 - Ultima Online: Renaissance "History of the Bell City"