Pokémon - Indigo Rap (feat. tweek & zyko)

I don't even remember how long it was ago that I started this thing. I just sat down with Reason for the first time in ages. I just don't have time to remix anymore. But I still have two WIPs lying around from way back when that I am determined to finish eventually. This is one of them.

Indigo feat. zyko (and now also Tweek)

Source: Indigo Plateau

Still featuring zyko on vocals and now enhanced by Tweek as well. New zyko vocals coming soon!

Source please =D

Anywho, yeah, like you said, the mixing levels are a tad bit off, but overall I dig the sound. The vocal recordings seem pretty smooth and the whole things has a nice head bouncing groove to it.

Sorry if I don't have a lot to say, but considering what you have here, (and the fact I don't know the source), it sounds like a pretty solid song that simply needs some level adjustments and things here and there. Also, considering you've got what...like 9 remixes under your belt and I'm barely at a few posts right now, I'd assume you'd know better than I what the mix should be like by the end. =P

I'd say that this track catches fucking all the pokemon, in the best possible way. The drums could have a tad more SNAP. I think the vocals sound fine, the other stuff could just stand to be fattened around it a tad. Seriously cool shit though.

Good call man. Check out this link with the newest version of the instrumental. I think it has much more "snap" as you say, and it has some pimpin' new instruments in it!

www.tweexmusic.com/indigo/indigo_wip2.mp3

I love that overdone snare, reminds me of St. Anger (I'm the only one who likes that album so it's a compliment).

The rest of the instruments are great for this. I personally am not a fan of my Bitches Trippin On My Shit rap, but I'm incredibly biased when it comes to that, so don't mind me.

This is fuckin sick. I'm only hearing a mostly instrumental version, but this is gonna be amazing when its done. Excellent work guys. FINISH IT!

EDIT:

You might wanna punch up the bass on the kicks a bit, give it a massive stomp... I dunno, thats just me.

Yeah man, Seph and I are sprucing up the instrumental track and adding lots of new elements to the original before we start the VOX mastering. The vocals you hear in there right now is Dan himself and to my understanding, that will all be changing soon too ;-).

Thanks for all the comments everyone. It's helping this track really take form!!

I like. I hope it gets finished soon and maybe some more tones that add to the original piece? Make it more recognizable without being too much.

You made "Above the Rising Falls", so I'm sure you'll pull something great out.

I like. I hope it gets finished soon and maybe some more tones that add to the original piece? Make it more recognizable without being too much.

You made "Above the Rising Falls", so I'm sure you'll pull something great out.

I agree on both points. I've played Pokemon since the Blue version and have over 1500 hours of overall gameplay accumulated over more than a decade, and I can't make out exactly how this is supposed to sound like the original track. I kinda recognize the patterns of notes if I really squint my ears and listen intently, but any casual listener isn't going to know this song from the soundtrack of a Nicholas Cage movie. You do good work, but I think this could be better.

Good call man. Check out this link with the newest version of the instrumental. I think it has much more "snap" as you say, and it has some pimpin' new instruments in it!

www.tweexmusic.com/indigo/indigo_wip2.mp3

this one is 10x slicker. really feelin this one (i'm obviously bias to the middle eastern strings)

as soon as finals are over, you'll have yourself the new vox

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Although I've been following OCR for several years now, it's only after downloading this track that I went ahead and registered to make this post, so you know just how bodaciously rocking it is. You have just prevented yourself from ever being invited to open for Alanis Morrissette, because it takes everything that "Would Not Come" was going for and just jams it better -- even its instrumental b-side.

I wish to strongly influence you to take Zyko's comment to heart... it's not just me who agrees with him on this: I was playing WIP2, then I turned around and found my Mom in my room dancing to it. It's not the vox -- the rapping is tight -- indeed it gives the track a different dimension, a cooler interpretation with mass appeal. Rather, somewhere between WIP3 and WIP4 the creativity of your combined talents went unchecked and distractions from your respective day work got the better of you, IMHO. Musically something was lost of course, tis the way things are I know.

The way the instruments layer gradually in the start of WIP2/3 creates a suspenseful build-up very fitting with the overall mood of this opus... which went missing in WIP4. The complex variation on the strings you instead introduced seemed sudden / grand to digest so soon, and perhaps better placed towards the middle or end of the track. I like the punch of the final mastering on 3F.

As an instrumental piece, it is very formidable on its own, and the magnificence of the strings does risks drowning out the lyrics, which may be what is making postproduction take so long. Don't hate me for posting this now when in your mind this track was so close to completion :razz:. This is what happens when you keep a WIP open for too long, a world of cooks wants to put a finger in it. So finish it before we all take you back in time to WIP2 and keep judging it until it never sees the light of day!

:sleepzzz:

• 5 months later...