OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

Would it help if I started seeding now?

I have a giant computer which could seed forever, but it's currently off-line for maintenance. In about a week or so I will be able to get THAT one working too. Are the problems with the file fixed?

Edit: Seeing how there's only one seeder at this time, I'll seed for as long as I can, but I'm leaving for a week and this computer may get shut down, but I'll try to keep it on.

Edit#2: Wow, I'm dling this really fast. It should be done in about 3 hours... (I'm the one using utorrent)

Would that be the uTorrent at IP 76.99.yadda yadda, or IP 70.181.yadda yadda?

I'm one of the ones running Azureus 2.5.0.4, and I've got an ETA of about TWENTY ONE HOURS. >_<

What kind of internet connection are you running, Erik? I've got the whole 6mbps cable modem dealie going on.

Certainly is slow the first few days of a new tracker's release, huh?

Oh. I just remembered. I might be able to set up a machine dedicated entirely to seeding. It might take a few weeks or so though... I'm not entirely sure on it.

Hey Cobalt, I've seen you on the help&newbies forum...Good posts BTW.

I don't see any other utorrents on the peer list, but I'm the 70.181,yadda.yadda.

Modem speed is clocked at 1.4(image) & 1.2(second test) mb/s

Its been running at 300 kb/s + for a while, but now its down to 100 kb/s or so... (Still amazingly fast compared to 60 kb/s average for my crappy wireless signal)

ETA of about 3-5 hours. It fluxes a lot with the pieces being downloaded. Currently around 200 kb/s download. Stable at about 20 kb/sec (max) upload. I have enabled a function called "initial seeding", which should help, although I don't know exactly what it does.

Also, my wireless connection is fairly unstable. It'll probably drop off every 2-3 hours or so for a few minutes. Anyway, I may post from my vacation, but this is goodbye to this computer, which SHOULD be seeding for the next 7-8 days.

Man, you guys have some great speeds! =O

We only just upgraded to 1.5mbit, so I can get a max speed of about 160kb/s

Anyway, I've been seeding the OCR torrents for a while now... but what do I do now that the torrent's been changed? I've already downloaded the new songs from supertux, so should I just put them in the folder, rename it and continue seeding? Surely there's a way to keep seeding without redownloading, right?

Nope, you have to redownload it. You can't change it because it needs to be registered with the tracker...Just redownload it.

My connection is 1.2 mb/s, but I reached 400+ kb/s on the download. It finished in 4 hours sometime last night, so I'll be seeding the updated torrent for at least a week.

EDIT: OK, I needed to re-forward the port because it changed (?), so now my upload connection speed is waaay better.

Alright, final summary: I'll be dedicated to only seeding for the next 7 days while I'm on vacation. I'm the utorrent client at IP 70.180.etc. I'll see if there's any internet where I'm going so I can check in. My max upload slots are 6.

Is anyone knowledgeable on why the Rise of the Star and Blood on the Asphalt torrents aren't transferring data depsite the seeders and leechers involved? These need to be fixed/reset/whatever, as the download completed # for both hasn't moved for months, and it's obvious people are trying to obtain the files.

This happens when some of the database tables the tracker uses to keep track of transfer statistics gets corrupted. It happens a fair bit more than I'd like.

If you see this behavior, send me pm on the topic and I will repair the table.

-Aubrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Relics of the Chozo is a .rar.torrent, my computer seems to have an issue with that. WinRAR wouldn't open it properly so I had to individually download and add each track. Also it seems I had to turn shuffle off. But if any of you have a .torrent version or a version that a computer can unzip by itself, that's great. Tell me.

This tracker appears to be bad. I've tried it in two different programs including the recommended one for osx.

I'm getting the 1001 to 1600 just fine.

On a seperate note, can someone tell me an easy way to get all the post 1600 remixes?

Thanks

First, this is on the wrong section. You might try Help and Newbies.

Second, there's already an existing threads about the torrents. You would have to look around for it, but I guess looking around for something isn't as easy as just making a post, asking for someone else to look for you.

Third, you can just download the 1600 and over remixes, seeing how there aren't that many of them.

First, this is on the wrong section. You might try Help and Newbies.

Second, there's already an existing threads about the torrents. You would have to look around for it, but I guess looking around for something isn't as easy as just making a post, asking for someone else to look for you.

Third, you can just download the 1600 and over remixes, seeing how there aren't that many of them.

Wow, this was helpful. Nice way to welcome someone.

First: I looked in help and newbies and it seemed like it was for help with the forums, not bittorrent trackers.

Second: I spent half an hour looking around for it, I didn't find it, and since you didn't reference it, I take it you don't know where it is either.

Third: Yeah, I could, But that wasn't the question I asked. I just wanted to know if there was a grouping of them somewhere.

Fourth: I don't think a problem with the tracker is a newbie issue. That effects anyone trying to download.

Here is the error message I get from the tracker.

Error regarding "OverClocked ReMix OCR00001 to OCR01000":
Aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers

It only does this for the 0001 to 1000 file.

Um. Ok. I'm not sure whose idea it was to move my post, but I don't really see how it fits here and not where it was. This post is about seeders needed for 1100-1600.

My post is about the tracker not working for 1001-1100.

These are two unrelated subjects and now my post is buried 41 pages down in a post that is unrelated.

Hopefully someone can straighten this out. I am embarrassed for you.

Wow, this was helpful. Nice way to welcome someone.

First: I looked in help and newbies and it seemed like it was for help with the forums, not bittorrent trackers.

Second: I spent half an hour looking around for it, I didn't find it, and since you didn't reference it, I take it you don't know where it is either.

Third: Yeah, I could, But that wasn't the question I asked. I just wanted to know if there was a grouping of them somewhere.

Fourth: I don't think a problem with the tracker is a newbie issue. That effects anyone trying to download.

Here is the error message I get from the tracker.

Error regarding "OverClocked ReMix OCR00001 to OCR01000":
Aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers

It only does this for the 0001 to 1000 file.

Yep, don't mind Damned being a dick. :lol: I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've been guilty of it as well. A fair amount of regulars take everything for granted, including how intuitive they perceive the answers to be. For a lot of newcomers, that's just not going to be the case. Welcome!

1) Help & Newbies is for all help; forum issues, downloading issues, computer issues, you name it. So it's not necessarily OCR-exclusive problems, which you can see by reading down the topics list there and getting a feel for the questions that pop up. The moderators can always merge something into the main thread of discussion when that's not actually located in Help & Newbies.

2) I've merged your thread into the main torrenting discussion thread. The talk of seeders is merely a sub-discussion due to the recent new torrent release. You hopefully were redirected to it, but the thread itself is Stickyed at the top of the "Community" forum.

3) Torrents are now updated every 100 mixes (we used to do every 250), so the next torrent revision won't be out for a while (we're currently at #1610). Anything from 1601-on isn't bundled anywhere, so you'd have to grab those 1-by-1.

4) You're correct in that problems with the tracker aren't merely newbie issues. While it *could* be something just on your end, the wording your provided seems to indicate otherwise. We'll have to hit up our torrent guy, Aubrey, to have him investigate further. Thanks for the heads up, and otherwise enjoy your stay!

Yep, don't mind Damned being a dick. :lol:

I'm really more of an ass than a dick, but poe-tay-toe, pah-tah-toe...

On topic: any plans on making smaller, more frequent torrents? Like, say... 250 files at a time? Smaller torrents would mean it would be easier to seed (since the smaller transfer wouldn't be a drain on bandwidth), faster to download, and they would be easier to manage; if there are remixes that have been removed or whatever, you only have to alter the one, smaller torrent that is affected.

Just some ideas.

On topic: any plans on making smaller, more frequent torrents? Like, say... 250 files at a time? Smaller torrents would mean it would be easier to seed (since the smaller transfer wouldn't be a drain on bandwidth), faster to download,

Unfortunately, making the torrents smaller will have the opposite effect you intend.

The smaller torrents, would cause there to be smaller swarms thus less peers and seeds.

You would however see an increase in speed with the latest songs, but a decrease in all the others, in the end it is best to have larger torrents.

Most of the reasons for the larger torrents are for the uploader rather than the downloader. but happy uploaders benefit downloaders.

on a side note: "since the smaller transfer wouldn't be a drain on bandwidth" - you know you can select specific files in a torrent to download right?

On topic: any plans on making smaller, more frequent torrents? Like, say... 250 files at a time? Smaller torrents would mean it would be easier to seed (since the smaller transfer wouldn't be a drain on bandwidth), faster to download, and they would be easier to manage; if there are remixes that have been removed or whatever, you only have to alter the one, smaller torrent that is affected.

First, you clearly don't understand the principle behind torrents.

Second, your idea is addressed right on bt.ocremix.org.

Third, exactly what Soltanis said.

n00b! :<

I kid. :lol:

But n00b.