OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

What's wrong?!

I was downloading the last part via bittorrent (OC remixes 1001 --> 1250). All is done. But now when I listen to the songs they just stop in the middle and starts playing ANOTHER tune (although the same song is playing in the playlist). It's like the files have been intermixed with each other and holds "random sounds" although the file names are correct.

What's wrong? Does anyone have the same problem? Do anyone know what the h*ll I'm talking about?

I removed all the songs from the directory OC1001 to OC1250, and I tried to download the songs again via the .torrent-file you have on your website. But now it says "Download finished" and a yellow light shines in the upper right corner, although I have deleted all the mp3-files from that directory. What to do ? Is there some kind of cache that I need to clear or what?

When i try to start the 1001-1250 torrent into my existing OCR folder, I get the following:

trouble accessing files [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\My Music\\Game Music\\OCR\\'

However, it runs fine if I point it to a new folder. Any idea what the problem is? I've got DSL so downloading the 43 mixes that I've already got out of the increment is no big deal, but it worries me that it'll run to any folder EXCEPT that one.

What's wrong?!

I was downloading the last part via bittorrent (OC remixes 1001 --> 1250). All is done. But now when I listen to the songs they just stop in the middle and starts playing ANOTHER tune (although the same song is playing in the playlist). It's like the files have been intermixed with each other and holds "random sounds" although the file names are correct.

What's wrong? Does anyone have the same problem? Do anyone know what the h*ll I'm talking about?

First thing, use the edit button.

1. You cannot hear the songs until the download is done; hear them earlier and you will hear different songs (in the middle of something else).

2. Try downloading the torrent (I mean the target) in a different folder.

I got them all (00001-00500, 00501-01000, 01001-01250) and will leave the DL window up. I seem to be sending out ok (30-50kB/s) however I am behind a firewall due to my router.

My first question: is that seeding??

Second, I keep getting "Error: Problem connection to tracker - timeout exceeded" but it still keeps uploading. it it's a problem, can ya let me know.

Thanks

*note* I'll leave the uploading thing up unless 1.) It interupts with my Everquest playing or 2.) I need that system to play Everquest, or 3.) my elecrtic bill goes through the roof. (If I take it down for reason 1 or 2, I'll put it back up after I'm done, if 3... we'll see.)

I was looking around the side readding reviews of many of the mixes, listening to the song play while I read them and came upon one that was not in the Bit Torrent Download, are there alot of these, are there supposed to be there?

Just though someone would like to know.

The torrents only cover OCR#00001 to OCR#01250. Everything after that can only be downloaded through the site, until we hit OCR#01500 and a new torrent is made. The reason for this is that otherwise the torrent file used for the most recent mixes would have to be updated every time a new mix is added, and could cause some inconsistency with people using different versions of the torrent file.

i am regrettably computer illiterate more or less and can make niether heads or tails out of this message.

trouble accessing files - [Errno 24] Too many open files: "/Users/Peter/Desktop/torrent ocremix/OCR00001 to OCR00500/Ghosts'N_Goblins_Instant_OC_ReMix.mp3", (at Thu Dec 9 '04 @ 10:15:51 PM)

if it matters at all, i've already got about 400 some mixes not though torrents. if i were to delet them, would it allow me to use the torrent. not sure if this matters, but i'm using tomato torrent for macs. osX panter or jaguar, the newer one escapes me at the moment, but thats the one i'm using.

[Errno 24] Too many open files:

You will get this particular error if you are using a very old bit torrent client. This error is the main reason why we split up the torrents into 500 piece sections. The official bt client for windows can't (or couldn't last year anyway) handle having more than about 500 files in a single torrent.

I'd suggest upgrading your client to bittornado or azureus and your problem will go away. If not, I'd really be curious to know what client you are using and on what operating system.

Aubrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

zeldawing59, just download the torrent file(s) from http://bt.ocremix.org/ , it should first download them and after that don't remove them. Your Azureus will be uploading(=seeding) it after that.

I would gladly seed, but I have changed the filenames :( So it doesn't like me anymore. But I'll download the 500-1000 pack and won't change the filenames. ;)

But I must do some tricks so my foobar2000 doesn't modify the actual ID3 tags then (I like 'em nice and clean), but modifies the database. Since if it modifies the files, hashes change -> unable to seed.

Gosh, it really is true. "To err is human, but to really foul things up, you need a computer." :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a plan to make a super batch torrent for those who can use it? Preferably with directory name Overclocked Remix...

I finally decided to get back to seeding the torrents and renamed my Overclocked Remix directory to "OCR00001 to OCR00500" for the first torrent. Then it proceeded to junk 1/3 of all my songs because someone choose to make the individual pieces a whole 1 MB. All my files were fine except the front and end, so instead of dropping off maybe 256K.. it dropped off a whole MB from the front and end of the file. Great.

So. any plans for a all songs torrent with smaller pieces? There wouldn't be any problems seeding both the 500file torrents and the allsongs torrent at the same time. Both will pass hash checking and people could be seeding both.

Well, I dunno if this is a problem from me, but at this moment (since 30mn), the tracker doesn't seem to respond anymore, and I can't get anything (Azureus shows me the red bubble with the sharing hand below...). Is it a problem on my side or on the tracker ?

Is there a plan to make a super batch torrent for those who can use it? Preferably with directory name Overclocked Remix...

There are currently no plans for a super batch torrent. We may change how things are done when we get to 1500, but I doubt there will be signifigant changes before then.

Now your other comment about the 1MB piece size is interesting. I hadn't noticed that the piece sizes are so large, but they surely are. I think your suggestion about using smaller piece sizes is a good one, and I'll be sure to bring this up with djp whenever we do revise the torrent files.

Aubrey

• 2 weeks later...

I don't spend a lot of time on the boards here so forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere, but for the last day or two (I was gone all of last week, don't know about then) I've been getting Connection Errors on only the 1001-1250 torrent's tracker. This happens in SuSE 9.2 on 2 different versions of Azureus (2 different boxen). One is the latest client, one is slightly older.

Thoughts? Obvious answers? Flames?

Thoughts? Obvious answers? Flames?

Honestly, I think it should be working. Generally, if things are not working, the http://bt.ocremix.org/ page won't come up. Or possibly, if you refresh that page a few times, you will notice that "Bytes Transfered" field isn't increasing.

If the page does come up, and if the "Bytes Transfered" field is increasing than things are generally working for people.

If things are working, but not for you (or anyone else with these kinds of problems), just pm me with your IP address and what date/time you were getting the errors. I can use that information to mine the logs and maybe find something useful about these problems.

I have noticed that the eXeem 0.20 client seems to be braindead and doesn't handle virtual servers (which bt.ocremix.org is) correctly. So people using that client aren't getting the files for sure. But Azareus should.

Aubrey

ok ok, I feel really dumb posting here, but no matter what I try, neither the offical BitTorrent client, or BitTornado, will download anything, it comes up with the message "Rejected by tracker - Torrent is not authorized for use on this tracker

I am behind a firewall, so do I need to open some ports or something?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Oops, I broke the webserver while trying to upgrade it to a newer version of apache. The Gentoo folks seem to have updated the locations of config files and done some other changes.

Anyway, while I'm trying to sort things out, the services Supertux provides (remix.supertux.com mirror, and bt.ocremix.org) will be down.

Aubrey

• 1 month later...

Excuse me, but I was wondering if you guys were ever going to release another BT batch? I've been waiting a long time for one to come out. It makes it a lot easier to download them. I love the site and BT reduces bandwidth / makes it much easier to download. Thanks in advance for a hopefully quick answer :)

Next torrent will be at 1500, at which the 1000-1250 torrent will be assimilated into a 1000-1500 torrent.

In the meantime though, you'll have to download anything after 1250 separately. Liontamer hosted a rar file featuring 1250-1323 a while ago, and I may revisit my month batches idea from earlier, but instead make 50 remix batches. I'll probably do that once 1350 is out.