OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

I've never used torrents before. I've always done the direct download for every song on OCR. Well, I have a new computer and a broken MP3 player so I need to get them all again and I'm not doing it the same long method. So basically, I'm looking for some help.

I downloaded bittorrent which tells me to just copy paste a torrent address in the search bar and it will download the files all on it's own. It's not working. Well.... I guess it is, but it says that it is downloading at 15B/s. At this rate, it would take a year to download. Can someone give me an easy explanation on what to do? Thanks.

What you do is download the associated .torrent file from http://bt.ocremix.org you want to grab the files of, and then you open it with the torrent program like utorrent. It will then ask you where to save the files, and then it will start downloading/uploading the content associated with the .torrent.

And these associated files are really small right? Like 13 kB right? Why is it that every associated file I try to download goes at the slowest rate I have ever seen?

The problem must be on your end or your ISP's end then - I just downloaded one virtually instantly.

Well I am at school with only fair signal strength. But that shouldn't matter because I can still download everything else very quickly...even specific OC remixes. Sigh. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

EDIT: Just tried again. It instantly downloads 2.5 kB and just stops. Lucky me.

• 3 months later...

Recently my wife let I-tunes handle my music library, for most of the non-ORC music it's ok, but, it put all my OCR music in a folder named "http://ocremix.org" This caused many other programs to barf. Windows no longer considers this a folder and will not let me access the data (it think it's a GIANT URL link) renaming the folder to a non-url (OCR) did not fix the issue and and all I could do is delete the file. (I'm not gonna pay for a file recovery to get all the near 1800 files as a free one can't get but a hundred or so)

I'm was also behind on the songs by a few hundred, and was hoping to just DL via the torrent. any idea on when it'll be updated, or should I just start the torrent and hammer the bandwidth of the various hosting sites for the almost 300 not in the torrents? (torrents stop at 1900, last song numbered at 2186)

Edit: If I sound mean, I've just been in the middle of re-sorting my library so other programs (like win 7 media sharing) can work with it sanely.

Edited by Daemos
do I sound mean?

Recently my wife let I-tunes handle my music library, for most of the non-ORC music it's ok, but, it put all my OCR music in a folder named "http://ocremix.org" This caused many other programs to barf. Windows no longer considers this a folder and will not let me access the data (it think it's a GIANT URL link) renaming the folder to a non-url (OCR) did not fix the issue and and all I could do is delete the file. (I'm not gonna pay for a file recovery to get all the near 1800 files as a free one can't get but a hundred or so)

Interesting. Can anyone else detail that issue? Given what happened, I'm surprised that 1. iTunes did that in the first place (programmed an invalid directory), and 2. No one else has brought that up before. Not implying it's untrue, just surprised this is the first I've heard of it.

I'm was also behind on the songs by a few hundred, and was hoping to just DL via the torrent. any idea on when it'll be updated, or should I just start the torrent and hammer the bandwidth of the various hosting sites for the almost 300 not in the torrents? (torrents stop at 1900, last song numbered at 2186)

Edit: If I sound mean, I've just been in the middle of re-sorting my library so other programs (like win 7 media sharing) can work with it sanely.

You don't sound mean. It'll be several months before the torrent's updated, because the plan is to re-release all of the mixes, including the older stuff, with proper tagging (detailed here & here). There's no point in updating a torrent only to replace it relatively soon after (resulting in losing all the seeders). So you can grab the current torrent and single mixes, or just wait it out for the updated versions of everything.

Honestly the issue would not have happened to me if I had not let my wife sit at the system. I prefer to organize them myself because I have several programs accessing the same libraries.

I knew about the ID3 tag update, but was not sure if it was still going.

I'll have to start a VM when I get back home and break it again to see which version of windows this happens in. But she let i-Tunes organize the music and it puts all the OCR into a folder named after the album, which broke the files.

I'm gonna wait till the torrents are updated, I'ed rather have the updates ID3 tagging.

Honestly the issue would not have happened to me if I had not let my wife sit at the system. I prefer to organize them myself because I have several programs accessing the same libraries.

I knew about the ID3 tag update, but was not sure if it was still going.

I'll have to start a VM when I get back home and break it again to see which version of windows this happens in. But she let i-Tunes organize the music and it puts all the OCR into a folder named after the album, which broke the files.

I'm gonna wait till the torrents are updated, I'ed rather have the updates ID3 tagging.

That's really odd. You'd think iTunes would be smart enough to not use special characters in album names when creating directories.

LOL APPLE

That's really odd. You'd think iTunes would be smart enough to not use special characters in album names when creating directories.

LOL APPLE

iTunes also jipped me of Mass Media Constant when I bought it, it charged, said it downloaded, but my files were gone. Just gone. And they have a 1 download only policy.

(cool thing is, zircon emailed a download to me within 5 seconds of telling him)

It's generally bad software all around, I'm not surprised it frukked up on organization. :P

Ah I am sorry lol. I just asked because I need to redownload everything and I knew you had them at magfest!

Edit Or at least some of them?

I had a non-final set I was showing off to a few people who were interested, but I keep working on it every day to finish the last piece of the puzzle, which is the URL field now being OCR artist pages.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having an issue downloading two (2) albums that I will only be able to get part of due to the bandwidth limit (the limit starts fresh tomorrow)(then i will have to wait till same time next month) but anyway, It seems that i can't download on the OC Remix tracker... the error reads Failure: Tracker Error can't connect to the database. Contact the webmaster.

how do i fix this?