OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the days of yore, there were a few torrents from this site that were basically "Every OC Remix Song Created Ever." I downloaded a total of two of them. Needless to say, they've been with me for a very long time. Unfortunately, my hard drive died, and they did not survive the transfer to a new one. I noticed that your torrents section is now more about themed albums instead of gigantic bulk downloads. Does anybody have a torrent of all the OC Remix stuff anymore?

Just so you know, ocr typically has two torrents with about a thousand mixes each. Tho they haven't been updated in a while, there's an upcoming one that replaces some of them with higher-quality encodings (where available), and uses better tags.

That there's only two torrent files for those and over 30 albums means that they're a little harder to find. I'm glad you raised the issue, we could probably make the regular tracks' torrents more visible when the new ones are rolled out.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there was an ETA, there's almost 500 new songs since the last updates the last I hears was "after the new year".

I don't like the idea of getting the ones missing via downloads, bandwidth and carpel tunnel both concerns.

There's a lot of changes going on on the backend of OCR right now. Lots of things changing simultaneously, so all parts need to be completed before moving forward. The new torrent is definitely one of those pieces, and I have not let staff forget that we need to work on it at every staff meeting (my job is to be the executive badgerer and nagger for getting things done).

So while no real ETA, it will be sometime this year, most likely sometime over the next 2-3 months. Don't quote me on that as its just an estimate, but its a nice ballpark.

We hate keeping people waiting, but this has been a huge overhaul for the next set of torrents, so it is worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

So recent circumstances have dictated that I have to re-download everything that OCR has put out again, and I would really prefer to torrent everything. I looked at the torrent tracker and only saw that ocr1-1900 are available via torrent, does that mean I have to manually download the other 500+ tracks that are offered? This would slam the mirrors pretty hard, and be quite annoying.

Before I get flamed, I really did try to find some sort of update or note on this, but couldn't get any more info, so I appeal to the community. Please help me save OCR's bandwidth!

So recent circumstances have dictated that I have to re-download everything that OCR has put out again, and I would really prefer to torrent everything. I looked at the torrent tracker and only saw that ocr1-1900 are available via torrent, does that mean I have to manually download the other 500+ tracks that are offered? This would slam the mirrors pretty hard, and be quite annoying.

Before I get flamed, I really did try to find some sort of update or note on this, but couldn't get any more info, so I appeal to the community. Please help me save OCR's bandwidth!

Until a new torrent is out, have at the mirrors, hoss.

• 2 weeks later...

well you can only get ocr torrents from ocr, so it's not the supreme court or anything (i hope)

i figured i'd attempt something, and i have come to the conclusion that that part of the site just happens to be down.

so i'll post this advice from the 404 page

Visit djpretzel's artist profile and stare at his picture, maligning his ineptitude as a webmaster that has caused you to endure this entire experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm just wondering if there are any plans to put up a torrent of the more recent songs? The latest bulk torrent only goes up to #1900 and that was made available in 2009, so there must be plenty of new songs by now. It's going to be a big job to download them all one by one though, so is there any chance of getting another torrent starting from #1901?

Well, I'm not an OCR head honcho, but I do know that when they organize the mass torrents, they do a review process where all the judges go over everything from 1900 to... now it's looking like 2400... to make sure every song that's in the torrent is something they feel is up to OCR's current standards.

So even if they were in the middle of that process now (and I'm sure they plan to be at some point), it'll probably take a while. Like all things on this site, patience is a virtue.

toasting in epic bread :tomatoface:

I mean... pretty sure Larry is holding the new torrents hostage until further notice. :lol:

Jokes aside, the torrents are taking longer not because the staff has to go over them all and decide what to "remove" as previously suggested. It's taking so long because of the new tagging that is being done to all of the remixes before new torrents are released for everything, iirc.

Edited by Brandon Strader