OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

Let's get 60,000 facebook likes!

Well, that's said tongue in cheek, but I'd do it. That would be a legitimately sweet idea, since it would obviously boost awareness and get people primed to seed the torrents once they were out, a la Maverick Rising. We'd just be accused by a handful of people of hating the fans and holding the music hostage. :lol:

I've always had a problem with this one strip: the right door is very clearly the correct choice if you spare even two seconds to think about it.

Only if both are "...select this door". They could just as easily have different implied endings - if it were "...select this door" for the left and "...select the other door" for the right, then the outcome would be the same.

I'd expect some sort of trickery like that, anyway.

Only if both are "...select this door". They could just as easily have different implied endings - if it were "...select this door" for the left and "...select the other door" for the right, then the outcome would be the same.

I'd expect some sort of trickery like that, anyway.

oh, that's true

• 2 weeks later...

I have created a few automated tools for catching up what I have, and verifying the hash on everything downloaded. In the process, I have come across the following MP3s that are in direct conflict hash wise.

Also, Torrent OCR00001-OCR01000 is out of date by the way, as it still contains a song that was part of the Pre-OCR01500 Removal Process (Lockdown 2), specifically OCR00141 - Pilotwings 64 'Birdman (Clear Skies Mix)'

The hash conflicts are in: (All of them have different tags between site and torrent. Worse, some people are unwittingly torrenting their complete collection, that they have downloaded from the site, without letting the client actually verify that 100% of the files are correct, resulting in bad pieces going out.)

OverClocked_ReMix_OCR00001_to_OCR01000.torrent

- OCR00990 - Final_Fantasy_6_Rachels_Gift_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked_ReMix_OCR01001_to_OCR01900.torrent

- OCR01500 - Tales_of_Phantasia_The_Koan_of_Drums_OC_ReMix.mp3

- OCR01617 - Final_Fantasy_7_Short_Skirts_OC_ReMix.mp3

Then, the following files have hash conflicts between what is on the site, and what is on ALL 4 mirrors. Hash is incorrect, no matter which mirror the file is downloaded from.

OCR02328 - Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_Thunderstruck_OC_ReMix.mp3

OCR02363 - Cave_Story_The_Unbroken_OC_ReMix.mp3

OCR02364 - Super_Smash_Bros_The_Life_and_Death_of_Kirby_OC_ReMix.mp3

OCR02365 - Chrono_Trigger_By_the_Old_Mill_OC_ReMix.mp3

• 2 months later...

I'm curious if it would be possible to include FLAC in the official torrents. I understand why you wouldn't want to host FLAC on your servers, as well as not all songs being available in FLAC. Can't you start with a FLAC policy "from this point on", however, and release what you already have in FLAC as well?

I can understand an MP3 only policy in the early 2000s, but HDD space and internet speeds today shouldn't get in the way of having it as a superior alternative. You already release official albums in FLAC (or WAV).

I'm curious if it would be possible to include FLAC in the official torrents. I understand why you wouldn't want to host FLAC on your servers, as well as not all songs being available in FLAC. Can't you start with a FLAC policy "from this point on", however, and release what you already have in FLAC as well?

I can understand an MP3 only policy in the early 2000s, but HDD space and internet speeds today shouldn't get in the way of having it as a superior alternative. You already release official albums in FLAC (or WAV).

If I remember correctly, LT was collecting WAVs/FLACs from any remixers who have them for inclusion in the torrent, so at least some mixes should have them when this finally comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
Larry, you're getting almost as bad as DarkeSword with the FFV project. Almost.

Nah. Though FF5 parts 3-5 could use a compo or four to get the final stuff complete. :-)

If I remember correctly, LT was collecting WAVs/FLACs from any remixers who have them for inclusion in the torrent, so at least some mixes should have them when this finally comes out.

I am indeed collecting those, but there's no plans for a formal FLAC release yet. One project at a time, but it's something I'm privately maintaining for now. Once the new torrents come out, and ReMixers see these updates have in fact happened, I think artists who haven't responded to my callout for lossless versions before will then also come out of the woodwork.

Edited by Liontamer