OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

Hmm.. It's working for me, though it said that I am firewalled. Does anyone know how to configure my router so it doesn't say that I am firewalled?

P.S. I am currently dling at 45kb/s and uploading at 12kb/s

Open the ports that are used on ur listening port,

if ur using Bit Comet the defualt is 12242,

unless otherwise ur listen port is diffrent :)

somebody help me...i have never used torrents before, i'm completely clueless, etc., i admit it all...

but please tell me where on earth my files are going when i download them!!! i tried downloading files via torrent (i have the client) but now i can't find them and my computer can't find them either... please help

:cry::oops:

Yo DJ P...

I see that you need a good seeder. Well, i can seed for the site. HOWEVER...there is a security issue that i wanted to address to OC Remix. Ive downloaded a few MP3's from the zelda and ninja gaiden collection....snaged up a back door trojan. Might wanna do a clean sweep before any one else gets hit with these.

I will gladly seed for you as well as i am advertising OCREMIX already. Ill start the seeding process as soon as i can. Just inform me on what day and time you would like for me to seed and i will get started ASAP. In other words...email me with that information

Btw....ive been a faithful OCremix listener for 2 years now. Ide say your remixers are getting better and much more skilled. Props to yall

fireflower, check out http://bt.ocremix.org for more information. I use BitTornado, and every time I start a torrent, it asks me which folder I want the files to be downloaded to and uploaded from. If your client doesn't do this, it is probably a setting in some options or preferences menu; look around, you should find out where the client is saving stuff.

thexshadow2, can't you just start seeding right now?

And where the hell did the ThaSauce torrents go?! I was getting to OCR1375 when they just disappeared.

Yo DJ P...

I see that you need a good seeder. Well, i can seed for the site. HOWEVER...there is a security issue that i wanted to address to OC Remix. Ive downloaded a few MP3's from the zelda and ninja gaiden collection....snaged up a back door trojan. Might wanna do a clean sweep before any one else gets hit with these.

The contents of the torrents themselves are fully virus-free. However, the backdoor you got on your system might be coming from the ad system on OCR, which is NOT controlled by DJP but rather by ZTNet.

It could also come from another source, using the already-infamous WMF exploit that's fixed by just running Windows Update.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished downloading the first OCR torrent, share ratio is above 1.5 - I'll leave the torrent running when I can (mostly overnight/while I'm at school).

Second torrent I've dl'd about 40%, share ratio 0.8 - same goes with the first one ;) (if it's of any consequence to you, I'm using uTorrent)

I've finished downloading the first OCR torrent, share ratio is above 1.5 - I'll leave the torrent running when I can (mostly overnight/while I'm at school).

Second torrent I've dl'd about 40%, share ratio 0.8 - same goes with the first one ;) (if it's of any consequence to you, I'm using uTorrent)

First torrent - ratio 2.197

Second torrent 78.5% - ratio 1.026

Um hi...I'm new to the forum, been downloading from Overclocked for about two years, love the site, great work!

Now that that's out of the way, I decided to try downloading the torrents. Right now I'm on 1-500, and I've been waiting for about half-an-hour. All it says is "Connecting Tracker to say Start, waiting for response."

I use BitLord if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P2P gets a lot of rap about being a huge distributor of pirated music/games/movies and what not. While this is very true, it is also an excedingly good method of legal file distribution. Therefore, I try to help out those legal files as much as possible and keep my torrents open until such a time as I take them off my computer. If you're paying a monthly fee for your bandwidth, there is no reason not to leave them open. Sure, close your client when you're playing CS-Source, but there is no reason you can't have the client up when you're just surfing the web or typing a paper.

Oh, just thought that I'd mention that it's been about 2 weeks now since I formatted my HD and I've uploaded over 1.6 TB since that time. My ratios don't include all the time before that I've been uploading them :-P. Hurray for school bandwidth and an even bigger hurray for all the legal files that use bittorrent as their distribution method :-D.

Keep you torrents open and the share ratios up. I'm out, peace! 8)

Just got in to your website and its ssooo cool. It was mentioned on The video games show podcast.

Just a quick question. Am trying to download the packs via Bitlord and as far as I can see there are no seeders at all. I so want these tracks.

Anybody help?

cheers

Perhaps you're behind a firewall or something that doesn't isn't letting your bittorrent client through. Not really sure there but there are quite a few seeds. Just check the stats on the main page if you don't believe me. Anyways, I've never used bitlord so I don't know what's up but Azureus has always worked great for me.

Hehehehe, my share ratio for Chrono Symphonic is now over 850:1. Party at my place when it hits the bit 1K mark! :-D lol

First time poster... Anyway, I just wanted to say that I decided to seed ALL the torrents on my own, without the site telling me to. Heck, it's the least I could do for there being such cool torrented projects that I didn't want to go to waste. :)

And yes, this is me coming outta the closet in terms of being an OCRemix fan. ;)

Greetings oh gurus of remix!

I'm having a problem with the 00001-00500 torrent for some reason. Everything was going fine until about 74% completion, then an error message popped up saying a certain file or directory couldn't be found. I shrugged, closed, then tried the torrent again, but now I can't even get past the file check stage. After a little over two minutes, I get this:

IO Error: [Errno 13]Permission denied

My last attempt registered at 3:27 AM on this post's date. I'm using the BitTornado client and am indeed inputting the same destination folder and haven't altered any filenames. If it's important at all, I currently have two other client windows open for other things, but the transfer rates both ways are rather low, so I don't think they are the problem.

Any ideas?

Why don't you try micro torrent client. Select the same path for the files that you have already downloaded and try downloading from this client. It should automatically check all the files that you have already downloaded. If not, then right click and select the option of force re - check. If downloading doesn't begin by itself then you can use the option of force downloading.