OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

It was pointed out in the comments that the MP3 for Xenogears 'Pillar of Salt', Remix #1225, had an audio skip at the 3:57-3:58 mark.

This issue was pointed out back in December of last year, and it seems that the mix still has that same audio bug. Any update on when this will be fixed on the site?

• 2 months later...

The numbers won't be in the file name, but they are in the file data. If you're using Windows, see if this helps:

Open the folder the music is in.

Right click --> View --> Details

At the top of the columns, where it says "Name", "Title", etc., right click again and make sure "#" is selected.

Edit: Oh. I think I completely misunderstood what you meant. Might be helpful for someone else....probably not. :P

I like these other wrong answers. :lol: The FAQ link talks about removals, but doesn't explicitly talk about the numbering gaps (plus the anchor doesn't go right to that section since it's close to the bottom).

We probably should add the bit about numbering gaps with the ReMixes into the main FAQ though.

There are gaps in the numbering because we've removed many mixes from OC ReMix either by request or because they were violations of the standards here.

Here's the big list of removed stuff to detail the numbering gaps:

http://ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not sure if this has been asked for (a search didn't give anything helpful), but is there an RSS feed for the torrents on the tracker?

I have a seedbox on a 1Gbit line which is rarely 100% used, and I like being able to support OCR torrents. Since I really don't come onto the site very often, and emails of new torrents can be sent a fair amount of time after a new torrent is uploaded, I would love to be able to subscribe to the RSS feed directly from my seedbox. This would allow it to immediately begin downloading (and seeding) new torrents as they're uploaded.

It's no big deal if there isn't one, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

I'm not sure if this has been asked for (a search didn't give anything helpful), but is there an RSS feed for the torrents on the tracker?

I have a seedbox on a 1Gbit line which is rarely 100% used, and I like being able to support OCR torrents. Since I really don't come onto the site very often, and emails of new torrents can be sent a fair amount of time after a new torrent is uploaded, I would love to be able to subscribe to the RSS feed directly from my seedbox. This would allow it to immediately begin downloading (and seeding) new torrents as they're uploaded.

It's no big deal if there isn't one, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

That SHOULD be doable - at some point. Not a high priority at the moment, but we'll log as a feature request!

• 6 months later...

Hello everybody!

This is my first post here. I'm a huge fan of OC Remix since like 2005 and I'm really glad for the new torrent, but I have a problem. I started using the old ones and I renamed all the songs, tagged it and such in my own way and I only have the songs from OCR00001-OCR01900. The selecting process (I mean finding the ones I already have) might took weeks or even more and I'd like to skip that part of my life. So, I'd like to ask for some help getting the songs from OCR01900 to OCR03000. :???: Pretty please. :)