OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
I've been getting an odd problem with the torrents:

after the files download, they are jumbled and twisted into other songs. I would not take the time to do this, so dont get suspicious, I'll send several samples and point the times out, if you want:

MSNM: bloodenator@yahoo.com

YahooIM: bloodenator

AIM: achillesnebula

When you say "after the files download" do you mean after ALL of them are done, or after the first one or two appear to have been completed? You see, BT doesn't download the files in order. It breaks each file up into pieces and then randomly asks the other computers on the torrent for each piece and just stores them until everything is done, at which point it puts everything in order. It sounds to me like you are trying to play a mp3 before the entire batch of files is done and the app can sort everything out correctly.

I've been getting an odd problem with the torrents:

after the files download, they are jumbled and twisted into other songs.

When you say "after the files download" do you mean after ALL of them are done, or after the first one or two appear to have been completed? You see, BT doesn't download the files in order. It breaks each file up into pieces and then randomly asks the other computers on the torrent for each piece and just stores them until everything is done, at which point it puts everything in order. It sounds to me like you are trying to play a mp3 before the entire batch of files is done and the app can sort everything out correctly.

odd, but yea, thats what i do... and yea, it sounds mixed up...

• 2 weeks later...

i had a question

i downloaded the thre ocremix torrents

001-500- 501-1000 and 1001-1250

but i noticed that the mixes in the home page . the last added remixes are not included , so

how do i know how many remixes are there that are not in the torrents ?

are the missing the ones in the home page?

or there is a list for the 50 last added or 100 last added , so i can keep track for the last mix included in the torrents and search for the rest?

i did this because my computer died and i got a new one, but my previous mix collection got lost :(

i had a question

i downloaded the thre ocremix torrents

001-500- 501-1000 and 1001-1250

but i noticed that the mixes in the home page . the last added remixes are not included , so

how do i know how many remixes are there that are not in the torrents ?

are the missing the ones in the home page?

or there is a list for the 50 last added or 100 last added , so i can keep track for the last mix included in the torrents and search for the rest?

i did this because my computer died and i got a new one, but my previous mix collection got lost :(

Every ReMix posted is assigned an ID number. The current most recent remix is #1467. New torrents are made for every 250 new mixes, which means the next torrent will arrive after #1500 is posted. The last remix in the current official torrent set is #1250.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01251/ is the first remix on the site that's not yet in the official torrent batches, and http://www.ocremix.org/list.php?type=remixes&offset=1200&sort=dateasc will direct you to a date-sorted list of them, which you can use to browse and download the remaining tracks.

However, there are also several unofficial torrent sets going containing more recent mixes.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone running a torrent for 1251 to 1467 currently?

There are torrents, in batches of 25 from 1251-1450, here: http://bt.thasauce.net/torrents.php?search=&category=0&active=0

The 1401-1425 torrent was removed because for some reason it was corrupted, and there's no seeds on 1426-1450, but at least everything through 1400 is there. We'll put up batches through 1475 and 1500 when they become available, and then remove them when OCR's torrent goes up (which will most likely be at least some time after #1500 is posted).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm unable to connect, i'm not behind a firewall and am using bitlord. I can't see any seed/peers. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, using Bitlord as well. A while ago I got Chrono Symphonic through the torent and it worked fine, i can still seed it too. Recently I tried Blood on the Asphalt and it just never connects, same with a few other. I think I'm having problems connecting to the tracker for some reason, but I've never had this kind of problem before.

I noticed recently that Chrono Symphonic actually has two trackers, only one of which I can connect to. That being the compyfox one, but i can't connect to OCR's tracker and I don't know why. Blood on the Asphalt has only one tracker, OCR, so that is why I can't get it, but I still don't know why I can connect to that one.

Some of the older remixes in the torrents still have inconsistencies such as remix.overclocked.org as the website. Will there be a time, let's say, in honor of OCR1500 that all the previous remixes have a unifed ID3 structure and MAYBE the OCR#### in the track # and the year it was submitted (or rather accepted)?

EDIT: OOOH and pictures for album art! :lol:

Some of the older remixes in the torrents still have inconsistencies such as remix.overclocked.org as the website. Will there be a time, let's say, in honor of OCR1500 that all the previous remixes have a unifed ID3 structure and MAYBE the OCR#### in the track # and the year it was submitted (or rather accepted)?

EDIT: OOOH and pictures for album art! :lol:

I second ALL of that! I've been wanting that for so long...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...