OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

Ok, so how do I get only 1250 to 1500 out of this torrent? I don't have enough space to have 1001 to 1250 twice (nor do I want them on my playlist twice) and I'm not going going to delete those I already have because afaik, some of them have been removed from the new torrent and I want to keep those. Plus I'd have to find them on my playlist, remove them, and add the new ones. Way too much of a hassle.

Or, if you're like me, you already HAVE them all. ;)

Yeah, see, I wanted to save the site some bandwidth.

When you download the torrent, there should be an option to only download certain files. It varies between clients, but you uncheck them from the file list or something. Try checking the properties of the torrent.

Yeah...but how do I tell from that list which of the remixes are post 1250 and which are older?

Plus having to uncheck 250 boxes kind of sucks...can't anyone make a torrent with only 1251 to 1500?

Ok, so how do I get only 1250 to 1500 out of this torrent? I don't have enough space to have 1001 to 1250 twice (nor do I want them on my playlist twice) and I'm not going going to delete those I already have because afaik, some of them have been removed from the new torrent and I want to keep those. Plus I'd have to find them on my playlist, remove them, and add the new ones. Way too much of a hassle.

If you are downloading the mixes past 1250 into the same folder as you have 1001-1250, the bittorrent client you use should recognize those files (unless those files have been edited to be different from the ones in the torrent), and not re-download them.

If you are downloading the mixes past 1250 into the same folder as you have 1001-1250, the bittorrent client you use should recognize those files (unless those files have been edited to be different from the ones in the torrent), and not re-download them.

It's not working, my files are different :(

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the Boogerman Sewer Thug mix by JAXX is missing the tag information (at least the version I had didn't have any of it). I noticed it when I was scrolling through the mixes in the folder, and it didn't have the artist or album info. Just thought someone would like to know.

Hi,

I'm looking for some files about the 1001-1500 distribution. The old distribution got files like

_003_files.xml and

_003_readme.txt

The XML file got all the OCR###### id and I need this information for the new torrent. The old backend site of OCRemix was also giving this information, but it is gone.

Where can I get a list of files with their OCR ID?

Thanks!!

Try: http://www.ocremix.org/backend/manager.php?style=xml

The original url as published in the old torrent readme files doesn't do what you expect anymore, but the above link will get it to work.

I am curious though... the xml list of remixes wasn't included in the torrents because we didn't think that many people would care about it. I personally figured that people would really just want the remixes. So, what were you doing with the xml version?

-Aubrey

I figure this the place to post this....

Wasn't the 1-etc torrents suppose to have corrected tag names, id3 info, etc for a "lock-down"? Cuz a quick look through foobar2000 show some stuff that got missed...

Have no id3 tags what so ever:

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Seiken_Densetsu_3_This_Heart_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Chrono_Cross_To_Times_Once_Forgotten_OC_ReMix.mp3

Stuff listed as something other then "http://www.ocremix.org" under album and probably need edits:

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Final_Fantasy_9_MessengerintheKeyofBlack_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Zelda_64_Awakened_Fears_of_the_Gerudo_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Secret_of_Mana_Distorted_Star_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Sorcerian_Cursed_Piano_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Castlevania_4_The_Belmont_Chill_OC_ReMix.mp3

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Xenogears_Momentary_Emotion_OC_ReMix.mp3

Other stuff noticed:

OverClocked ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01500\Secret_of_Mana_Beyond_Comprehension_OC_ReMix.mp3

Genre tagged as "Secret Of Mana" not" Game"

So it looks like only the 1001 to 1500 files were affected. Also you might want to for excess spacing, stuff like iTunes lists stuff like "http://www.ocremix.org "(with a space) shows up as a different album then one without the space. Might want to use something other then foobar2000 to test that, it just ignores the extra ending space.

Only other thing I spotted was that a lot of stuff doesn't have any year-dates, but that affects both torrents.

I figured I would point this out, since the recent lock down was to make things more permanent, and was planing to remove & reload OCR stuff onto my ipod.

Sorry if my post is redundant or this has already been addressed, I did check for other threads, and I don't browse the forums here too often to know what is going on.

It is possible that there were some errors with this 'lockdown' as there was a lot of other stuff djp and crew wanted to acomplish to coincide with the release of OCR01500.

However, from the ones I have checked, whatever id3 tag reader you are using doesn't seem to be reading the tags correctly.

If you open up the Seiken Densetsu 3 remix or the Chrono Cross remix in winamp, it clearly shows id3 tag information. Final Fantasy 9 does have http://www.ocremix.org/ for the album field, And the Secret of Mana remix is tagged as a game in the genre field. I didn't look at the rest of the remixes.

Anyway, I have ran into this problem before with the id3 tag reader I uses on remix.supertux.com. If there is a certain character that appeared in the id3 tag, the reader got all confused and said the remix doesn't have an id3 tag. I imagine that the issue with your reader is something similar.

As for a real answer, probably one of the remix lawyers would have to chime in as to what is going on.

-Aubrey

Thanks you Aubrey, this is what I was looking for :-)

Well it is just simple:

I'have a program to catalog all ocremix mp3 (and other songs) called "Mediamonkey". It is a very usefull interface, with an access back end database. I want to put the OCRemix ID in the track number, so that I have the exact order in which the songs where released, and I can burn cds from the first mix to the last mix. It is also very usefull to search back a remix on the web site.

So I'm loading this in the database, and updating the track number with the OCR number, with the help of the xml file.

I have been unable to find Pilotwings 64 Midnight Altitude (1057) in the torrent.

I guess that explains why the torrent still includes Pilotwings 64 'Birdman Clear Skies' (OCR00141), which is listed in the Changelog as part of the lockdown. Looks like a simple mixup. But, aside from a few minor discrepancies in the id3 tags, I haven't noticed any other problems. Thanks to Aubrey and everyone else who put these torrents together – I know a lot of time and effort went into it.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the Boogerman Sewer Thug mix by JAXX is missing the tag information (at least the version I had didn't have any of it). I noticed it when I was scrolling through the mixes in the folder, and it didn't have the artist or album info. Just thought someone would like to know.

Sewer Thug is a weird one – neither Quicktime nor WMP can play it, for some reason. See the reviews thread for more info.

I'have a program to catalog all ocremix mp3 (and other songs) called "Mediamonkey". It is a very usefull interface, with an access back end database. I want to put the OCRemix ID in the track number, so that I have the exact order in which the songs where released, and I can burn cds from the first mix to the last mix. It is also very usefull to search back a remix on the web site.

So I'm loading this in the database, and updating the track number with the OCR number, with the help of the xml file.

Sigh... I wish I'd found such an easy way of doing that. I've wasted hours of my life manually drag-and-dropping songs into my iTunes playlist. :roll:

Speaking of which, if anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll post the playlist as an xml file.

Yes that a big job of manually updating or moving each song to get the proper order. This is why I've also requested before that the OCRID should be written in the track number.

I love programs that have standard structure and that we are able to play with the backend :-P

Well, what do you know, you are right, the version of foobar2000 I had was foobared.

It still has that same problem with the SOM "Secret of Mana Beyond Comprehension" song, but seeing as Winamp and iTunes gets it right, the foobar2000 program still needs some work.

Come to think of it, I did recall reading about some problems with ID3 tags(i.e. how to read other player's malformed junk, some popular ID3 tags not being official ID3 standard ones, etc), and why the FB2k team didn't like them..... So that would sort of explain things.