OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

I think I've noticed that too - some of the newer torrents have a tracker at http://bt2.ocremix.org, but I don't think I've ever seen a torrent actually be able to load that one. But on my machine, with a few random torrents attempted, I connect and start downloading just fine from the other tracker (http://bt.ocremix.org). Does it not download anything at all? If not, your network or ISP might be throttling/blocking torrents.

In the worst case, if you absolutely can't download the torrents, you can get all of the mp3s through regular downloads, and just download them track by track (or in a .zip, if the album has one) in a download manager (like DownThemAll for Firefox, or tons of other ones.)

I'm sure this issue has been brought up many times, but I need to get going and I don't have time to check through to see if it really has or not, and what has been done or is being done about it. But, I'm a Mac user, and I'm sure there are a few others here like me who are displeased that the only available download method of an album is by torrent. Is there any way one of the staff could make each album a .zip file in addition to a torrent download? There are dozens of albums I would LOVE to be able to have on my iPod, but can't because of the torrents. Fortunately, and I'm not sure how, but there was a site that had the latest album, "Pokémon: The MIssingno Tracks" up for download in some way i could use, and I think it was an official OCR thing, but I'm not positive.And if this has already been brought up, I'm sorry, but I have to leave my house VERY soon and again, don't have time to check. So if that's the case, if somebody could just fill me in, either on this thread or via PM, that would be great. Anyway, thank you so much to anyone who might address my concern.

Edited by pokemoneinstein

I'm sure this issue has been brought up many times, but I need to get going and I don't have time to check through to see if it really has or not, and what has been done or is being done about it. But, I'm a Mac user, and I'm sure there are a few others here like me who are displeased that the only available download method of an album is by torrent. Is there any way one of the staff could make each album a .zip file in addition to a torrent download? There are dozens of albums I would LOVE to be able to have on my iPod, but can't because of the torrents. Fortunately, and I'm not sure how, but there was a site that had the latest album, "Pokémon: The MIssingno Tracks" up for download in some way i could use, and I think it was an official OCR thing, but I'm not positive.And if this has already been brought up, I'm sorry, but I have to leave my house VERY soon and again, don't have time to check. So if that's the case, if somebody could just fill me in, either on this thread or via PM, that would be great. Anyway, thank you so much to anyone who might address my concern.

Oh. Bummer. That totally sucks.

• 1 month later...

Hello OCR! I'm a big fan of the high quality remixes featured on this site, and am impressed with the musical talent that comprises its userbase. That being said, I feel like it has been some time since the OCR1000-1900 torrent was put up... is there any way of finding out how close we are to receiving the next hundred remixes?

I know that not all submitted remixes end up in the torrents, so I don't think I can just tally how many have submitted since the last torrent went up. This matters to me because I've exercised a lot of self-restraint in not downloading all the new mixes I've seen submitted so I can save the site bandwidth via torrenting. Thank you for any information or estimates, and have a pleasant day! :grin: I apologize if this is the incorrect subforum for this question.

I've seen submitted so I can save the site bandwidth via torrenting. Thank you for any information or estimates, and have a pleasant day! :grin: I apologize if this is the incorrect subforum for this question.

Download from iiens.net. It's provided at no cost to OCReMix (as far as I am aware) and will not impact the bandwidth costs of the site itself.

Edited by KyleJCrb

• 2 months later...

I have been asked to provide an OCR collection for the Spinning Stream: Nintendo Music Radio, and was wondering if anyone could give me a .torrent file with the remixes starting after OCR 1900.

If that's not an option, then a complete listing of all OCR tracks would be appreciated

I have been asked to provide an OCR collection for the Spinning Stream: Nintendo Music Radio, and was wondering if anyone could give me a .torrent file with the remixes starting after OCR 1900.

If that's not an option, then a complete listing of all OCR tracks would be appreciated

No torrent yet. Later this year.

http://ocremix.org/remixes/?&offset=0&sort=datedesc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, OCR folk! :smile:

Just a quick question: When will the OCR Torrents be updated to include new remixes since 01900 came out? Other than what's come out on albums, I don't have anything in my OCR collection since then, and I know how much you don't want us to use HTTP to download mass amounts of tracks.

Please and thanks,

- Brennan

• 4 months later...

is there a way to download all of the remixes currently in the OCR database, without clicking on each remix page and downloading them individually?

EdIT: found the torrent for that. does anyone know if the 1001-1900 torrent is up to date?

Edited by Anorax

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I had an idea to run by the fine people who run the site.

As a long time fan and supporter (10 years! wow...) I just want to say thanks for keeping this place not only running, but always improving. So my suggestion below is only along those lines and by no means is a complaint!

With a lot of releases over the course of a month/year, and somewhat randomly at that, it can be difficult to keep up (especially for those, like myself, that are completionists and download every OCR release :smile:). I have been using RSS to grab new releases one at a time, but that can be tedious sometimes...

How feasible would it be to have a monthly torrent to capture all the releases from the month and make it easier to stay current? I really don't know how much trouble it is to set something like that up, but since very OCR album gets the torrent treatment maybe it's doable?

One con I can think of, that may be why it's not been done, is that it may lessen the incentive to come to the site, read the remix post announcement, etc, but then again, those who are interested will come by anyway.

Thoughts?

In any case, thanks for the consideration!

Cheers,

PhoenixWrightEF

There might be one or two releases every 3 or 4 days, so on average there might be 10 new mixes each month. To make a torrent every month just to update 10 songs might be time better spent on other projects.

Yeah, I hear that, which is why I was posing it as "how feasible" because I really don't know how much work it takes to setup a torrent.

According to my RSS feed there were 20 releases in January... I'd rather only have to go to one place to download all 20 in one click than to have to open all 20 pages and go to the Download tab, right-click save-as, etc. It's kinda like wanting the option to download an entire album instead of just 1 track at a time, even if it's just 10 tracks. Most music sites let you do this, that's all I'm getting at. :smile:

Nah, the point of torrents is to seed big groups of files in perpetuity; there's no practical reason to do small, monthly batches as torrents. We've held off on torrent updates because of my massive project, but when we're back in the swing of things, we'd be updating once per 100 mixes.

At some point, I may use RapidShare or some other Megaupload-ish service to do what you're asking, only with no torrent, just a direct, but straightforward batch download. Or someone else with more time can take up the cause! :-)