Good bye, 3D Realms

lazygecko

no one for a Duke Nukem Forever Rest In Peace Album project then?

Sure, but you have to name it "Duke Nukem Forever In Our Hearts" with the coverart being Duke Nukem ripping a guys chest apart with his bare hands, squishing his heart in front of him.

And it has to be done in epic 80s van art.

Fuck yeah, I'd pay for that as a poster.

• 9 months later...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Oh man, I think this might be one of those rare occasions where I can be celebratory by smoking a cigar!

...I'm not even going to yell at you -_-

But he has a good point. All the people who would have wanted to buy this game wanted it about ten years ago. All of that action-hero stuff was awesome when you were a teenager who couldn't even drive - you got to go to strip clubs, piss in urinals, and slap hos around.

All of the people who knew Duke Nukem 3D are now married with kids. All of those new teenagers? They don't even know who Duke Nukem is, other than a game that'll never come out... how do you convince them that they should follow Duke Nukem around and not like, some other ball-busting hero?

All of the people who knew Duke Nukem 3D are now married with kids.

Unless I got married and had kids I didn't know about, I'm going to have to say you're pretty wrong here. I was 11 when Duke3d came out but I was still playing it! Even those of us who were too young then usually had older siblings or relatives and knew WHO Duke was. I'm still very very excited for this (I still have my original Duke3d disc), and even those people who did get married and have kids will be able to instill a new generation with the badassness that is Mr. Nukem.

SHAKE IT, BABY!

All of those new teenagers? They don't even know who Duke Nukem is

This was my first thought as well, I remember Duke Nukem Forever being among the most anticipated Quake clones, and since it never came out, that title ended up going to Half-Life which is now a top end franchise.

I guess I just hope it ends up being a good game. I'm not sure it has any chance of living up to the hype it had back in 1997, but, maybe it could still be a lot of fun. If nothing else, I know it will take me back to the seemingly ancient days of trying to play Duke Nukem 3D on my 486 which could barely handle it and being impressed by the engine and having a little bit too much fun in the stripclubs. I remember not even being that much of a fan of the franchise, but to see it come out now, it's almost nostalgia more than anything that makes we want to see it succeed.

If it does at least half decently, maybe it could bring some respectability back to the franchise which is now known primarily as legendary vaporware, and spawn a new title or two.

Unless I got married and had kids I didn't know about

Get on it dude!!!!!

There are going to be many people who will play Duke Nukem Forever if it comes out, simply to say that they've played it. That I really don't doubt, but I think the question is if it'll ever make back the 25 million or whatever that was spent on it (and that's before inflation!)

In a way, if it does come out it'll be like... the death of a legend.