OCR01085 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Man Goes West"

djpretzel

I have the complete collection of Disco Dan's Mega Man 3 remixes. If anybody wants me to send them over AIM, please e-mail me (ONLY). This is so I can plan to contact you ahead of time. However, for the record, Disco Dan has personally told me that he plans to rerecord/remaster all of his MM3 mixes to be released in the future. So if you can wait off, I'm sure the goods will come around in due time.

The first OC Remix that I heard was MetalMan Goes Clubbing, a little a year ago, and I was instantly addicted. As soon as possible, I downloaded all of DD's mixes on the site and instantly loved them. This one is no exception. This lives up to what I have loved about DD's mixes. I am a sucker for MegaMan tunes, like many others, but this one stands out of the crowd. It took me a few listens, but i finally caught on to the western feel of the song. I love the song. Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Since the last time I played MM3 (on emu of course), I just realized how fun of a song Magnet Man's level was. So I checked here for a remix of it and I was more than happy to come across this great remox from none other than Disco Dan himself! There are tons of things I like about this song, including the buildup of instruments and that (hmm how to word this) "slide thing" the synthesized intrument that sounds like a guitar does. Know what I mean? Kinda like a "boing" sound. Thats cool.

Nice one Dan!! :)

• 3 months later...

This is, hands down, my favorite Megaman Mix on the site, despite the lack of depth, that Geko mentioned. it helped that this is my favorite track of all the Megaman tracks ever :D

A while back I found Dan's gallery of MM3 Mixes. Good stuff, but I've been looking for days now and I can't find it again. does anyone know if the site is down and if its not, could someone pass on a link or somthing

Many many thanks, and again a most execellent mix indeed

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know the original version of this song is addictive enough. Now Disco Dan does THIS to it, and totally blows me away. This is definitely one of those songs that must be had. You will be bopping your head to this tune. Great job, Dan!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be a late replyer to this topic. Anyways Magnet Man's music was always my favorite out of Megaman 3's soundtrack and I would play his stage first just to hear this tune. Now Disco Dan comes along and takes and excellent song and makes it better. I always listen to this tune whenever I drop by OCremix.com.

• 4 weeks later...

Positively brilliant! Sparkling with a dancable, deleriously happy beat, this remix can be truly called something brought from the Twentieth to the Twenty-First century, while still exuding that coy innocent sweetness found only in the Mega Man series.

It should be said that one the most enigmatic songs out of Mega Man 3 is Magnet Man's stage. The stage itself is break-your-controller hard, and features a villian that is both mad-looking and just plain mad (like when he uses his magnetism ability -- :twisted: )It comes as a surprise, therefore, that the music for the stage is so giddily happy.

Disco Dan's superb remix for this song comes as a surprise as well. Instead of merely taking the original song and filtering it through another medium, he comes out with a tune that actually enhances the way the original feels.

I like this piece, but the quality of it really gets on my nerves ... there is so much clipping :? it should've at least been dusted off before being posted on OCR. My 2 cents.

Rock on Disco Dan.

There is no clipping. I've listened to this with three different sound systems (mp3 player and two computers) with headphones, earplugs, and speakers, and I simply didn't hear any. It's probably you :D

I like this piece, but the quality of it really gets on my nerves ... there is so much clipping :? it should've at least been dusted off before being posted on OCR. My 2 cents.

Rock on Disco Dan.

You must listen to your music too loud alot or something. I listen to this remix on a regular basis and I can assure, there is no clipping.

Seriously, this is Disco Dan we're talking about. You really think he'd submit a low quality mix. I think you'd lost your bloody mind.

No offense. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a sucker for MegaMan remixes since MegaMan is the.... man... I do really enjoy listening to this tune but, to criticize:

1. There isn't much depth. The sound field is not filled and thus not as exciting as it could be. There are some strings but, not until the very end.

2. It sounds more Hawaiian than anything. I suppose Hawaii is west...

3. Dance has been done. Change the beat up or shorten the song's length.

4. There hasn't much changed from the original.

• 4 months later...

I listened to this a while ago and didn't like it enough to download it, but I did this time around. The "lighter" sounding instruments sounded a bit strange with the "heavier" beat in the background, but it's no biggie after a couple of listens. You probably could have gone without quite so many pitch bends with the guitar-like thing, though. Those can get irritating in mass quantity. Overall, good job.

• 11 months later...

Hmm, I made a comment about clipping before, and I really don't know what I was talking about ... maybe something wrong with my speakers then. It was a while back.

Anyhow, I had to re-DL pretty much everything, and came across this again. Oh man, it's so happy. I love it; it's one of the best. ^_^

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01085 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Man Goes West"