Brambles Open Minds Like Bubbles (Finished)

-RK-

:shock:.

...sorry, my brain is trying to process everything I just heard. I've had this looping a couple of times now, and the random filters and pitch bending effects you put all through this make it very strange.

Strange in a VERY good way. This is an awesome remix of an awesome source tune. If I had anything against it, it would be that sometimes the effects are a bit grating (mostly the glockenspiel at the very end), which is totally a personal preference, and that there could be more variation.

As it is, this is a great song so far, and I hope I can listen to an update soon!

I think the biggest thing it needs is more interesting percussion.

Otherwise, beautifully done.

QFE. If the percussion/drums where just a little more prominent with a little more hi end, I think this could sound really really cool! It reminds me of something that BT would have done for Binary Universe.

Very unique. And likable. And in-the-pool-y.

At the end it felt as if it should move on to a new section, but then it ends :puppyeyes:. It works as an ending, I guess, but I feel it has potential to continue in a very awesome manner. Bringing out the highs for the percussion may work, just be careful not to muddy what you've got going, there. I'd also like to hear a bit more bass in it, overall.

Otherwise, it's very interesting (and good). I like.

First minute was kind of repetitive and the constant panning between the left and right also got a little annoying. I like the effects and overall strangeness of the sound. Drums sound a bit too loud in certain spots. Almost felt like the ending was dropped in there though. In a weird way I wanted it to be longer than it really was.

• 3 weeks later...
Ello,

Here's a song I started for enjoyment of listening. If you like it, or dont, you may say so.

Thank Yoo.

QFE. Now this, this is how why songs should be made. For the enjoyment of listening indeed. I think I just geeked out. 'Scuse me while I grab a towel. lulz. j/k. Seriously, tho. I can't really add or detract any words from this post that hasn't already been said. It's dammed near perfect as it is. My mind half wants the notes to be more crisp, but the other half says "no way man! Leave it alone. It's soooo trippy!" No instrument overpowers the other, quite the contrary, they complement each other greatly! Composition and arrangement maintains that perfect balance of originality without straying too far from the source music. Which, btw, I'd assumed from the title was from DKC, but I had to listen to confirm my suspicions. As for the ending being a little to abrupt, try listening to it solo/repeat. The end just blends right into the beginning! Beautiful! Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on the official posted/published version. I have no doubt it will pass the judges decisions with flying colors. If they don't pass it, there will be riots in the streets.

I like it. It will be added to my favorites playlist for all time.

Favorite piece: 1:49

5 :grin: / 5 :grin:

Two minutes of repetition seems a little long to wait before the melody comes in, and even then, it doesn't stick around long before we get the same five notes again, over and over. Works well as an ambient piece, but overall, there are only so many cool filters and effects you can use to make a couple of measures worth of music interesting. It does have a good soundscape and great production, I'm just not buying it for four minutes.

Hm.

A good piece. Fairly straightfoward. It takes getting used to though, definitely not a song I would judge from the first listen alone. No production issues here.

I'd almost say it's not worth posting in the WIP forum, as it's certainly OCR quality, and I enjoyed it, unless you simply wanted us to get a taste to feed your ego :lol:

All joking aside, good job.

What's up with the choice of song title though?