Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

We are planning some sort of activity for me. 1 Deirisan Taiputaiputaiputaiputaiputaipu 1 I Type 1 and Type, Mercury, single / SS type two types, type 5,3 Tsu my first two versions, go to this month. Platinum content to download two different version () I have two in one single operation or two, unlockable may apply if you do not need two-thirds, and one has two.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I found a ROM of the game (an no, I'm not telling you where to get it, nor am I keeping it after this little try-out). My impressions thus far are:

1. It's a nice, polished version, like the reviews said. Sadly, much of the newer content is much farther in the game than I am willing to play through, so I can't rally say anything about it. I suspect that the new Safari and Battle Frontier will be comparable to previous renditions, though.

2. The music feels more like they had some of the composers from Camelot (of Golden Sun fame) handle the remade music. More instruments and some more pacing to it. It may just be going up two generations of hardware that does that, but it feels a bit nicer.

3. Graphically, it's not much different than Platinum. Slight (and I mean slight) tweaks here and there are all you will see. The opening credits where you see a 3D Ho-oh at the end? I wish they would get around to doing that for the battles someday.

4. Having all of your menu and options on the touch screen makes more sense. That way, you can access any part of it at one touch, rather than scrolling down the menus. Not that the extra second or two is that big a difference, but it's something you think they would have done with Diamond and Pearl.

I guess if you never played any of the original GameBoy and GameBoy Color versions, or if you absolutely think that GSC was the best of the series, than by all means, et this when it's out.

If you have only played the GBA versions, specifically Fire Red or Leaf Green, then you will get a good sense of what players from ten years ago felt when we got to see our old stomping grounds again.

But I think I will still wait for the 5th generation games to come out. This is a nice remake, but I honestly don't want to dwell in the past so much. Come on, Game Freak, are you going to pull out a remake between every new game now? Am I going to be looking at Sapphire Seas and Ruby Somethingorother for the DSPlus Ultra in a few more years?

Everybody knows (or should know anyway) that they were just re-made for Nostalgia reasons. Which is true, as so many people are freaking out about it and it being a part of their childhood. Girlfriend's one of them, she's really excited about this game :P

I am too, kinda, but not to the extent some are. Probably end up buying it 'cause I did love Gold and Silver, but meh.

I've been playing this for a few days now!

You really have to play this on your DS. You can watch YouTubes or look at screenshots all you want, but the amazing speed, interface and effects all mesh together so well...

I still haven't gone up Sprout Tower. I just can't decide what I want my team to be.

So I counted the games today.

17 games, counting Green in Japan. Of those, 11 are set in Kanto or have Kanto is it. That's 65% of the games.

Even if you ignore the remakes, you still get half of them in Kanto. Even if you go so far as to just go by series, like RBY or DPPt, as one game, you again get half.

More than half of the series never gets out of Kanto. I have never seen a series to hesitant to move out of mom's place and get its own apartment.

Nostalgia, or lazy writing? At this point, I have to seriously wonder.

I won't be getting these games, but I hope they do something with the unnowns. I spent hours and hours getting them all, and trying to figure out what the A through Z mystery words.. or whatever.. pointed towards. And there was nothing. Never. Anything.

If there was something in the games after Gold, or the movie... or the show. Tell me.

I won't be getting these games, because I have a problem with the pokemon franchise, but I hope they do something with the unknowns. I spent hours and hours getting them all, and trying to figure our what the A through Z mystery words.. or whatever.. pointed towards. And there was nothing. Never. Anything.

If there was something in the games after Gold, or the movie... or the show. Tell me.

The Unkowns were given a small part within Crystal's plot and this seems to carry over some of that. Also given that they appear in a wi-fi event

SPOILER!!!!

They appear when you summon Arceus and he produces an egg of one of the DPPl dragons. Dunno any details other than that.

I won't be getting these games, but I hope they do something with the unknowns. I spent hours and hours getting them all, and trying to figure out what the A through Z mystery words.. or whatever.. pointed towards. And there was nothing. Never. Anything.

As a kid, this annoyed me. I actually spent months looking for something, I was in denial that all that effort was wasted.

Hmm I was pretty satisfied to just catch all the unown maybe I'm just easily satisfied though. Maybe the ruins of alpha just creeped me out enough that I was glad I no longer had the need to catch every one of them. o__O

Anyway, I'm actually very excited to get this, I like what I've seen in terms of all the little things they've added and stuff. And playing this game with my guy, we have a good chance of getting all the non-even Pokemon between the two of us, and there seems to be a lot of neat mini games.

Maybe it's just that easily satisfied part of me that didn't mind just catching all the unowns and nothing else back then. Or maybe I'm just excited to have someone I can physically play the game with for the first time ever, sure I can play on wireless but it's just not the same, and such a pain in the butt.