Scrubs Finale

Sinewav

Yeah, I know it actually aired on Wednesday, but I finally got a chance to watch it on my DVR today.

Personally, I think the last few seasons of the show overall weren't really up to par with some of the earlier ones (too much dating dramarama), with a few glorious exceptions (My Musical, My Long Goodbye, My Last Words to name a few). They tried to end the show at season 6, and after that it kinda felt like they were dragging it out after that. Still, that paved the way for some great episodes, which I'm glad I got to see.

As for the finale, I don't think it was by any means the best episode, but it was a good ending to the series. Even though I'm glad they finally ended it, there's a part of me that is sad to see it go.

So who here watched it, and what did you think?

Scrubs is like my favoritest show in the world...and yet because I have Dish Network, and Dish Network and ABC didn't get along, and Scrubs moved to ABC, I was unable to watch the last season :-(.

I completely agree with you though: the last couple seasons definitely weren't as good as the "middle seasons" as I like to call them. The episodes just didn't seem as funny, and it just felt as if J.D. was losing his character. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm sad to see it go, but happy because it wasn't the same.

I agree that on the average, the earlier seasons were certainly better. However, I thought the finale was a pretty damn awesome series finale. The hallway of characters, allowing each of us to say goodbye to them as well as JD, the "home movie" future, and the show creator being the last one to say goodbye to JD (the janitor outside). Not to mention, it was a nice twist with JD actually putting the penny in the door and not the janitor screwing around with him because he could. Also, the rant book JD gave Dr. Cox? Such a nice bit of awesome.

Scrubs is definitely one of my favorite shows and am sad to see it go, even if it was time (8 years? Damn). I hope they release a complete series box set with some extra features so I can pick up all the seasons.

I wonder if they'll end up making a "season 9" of scrubs? Obviously few, if any, of the current people will be in it except the interns, but I think a new series based on them would be pretty good.

Supposedly, ABC is still considering a season 9. Bill Lawrence said that if they do bring it back, they're going to try to do something different with the show instead of trying to drag out the same old, some old with new characters (personally I think this is a wise decision). I remember reading somewhere that if a season 9 comes into play, they're hoping that it's more like what Frasier was to Cheers, rather than something like Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

As for a show based on the interns? It would probably flop, but I enjoyed those characters, so I definitely watch it. I wish they had played up the Suni/Denise partnership more, because that was effin' hilarious.

I think it's interesting that they never finished some of the interesting story developments used over the years. I realized watching the finale that Dr. Cox's second child is not going to have any story line, which is big because they definitely hinted that she was going to have some "problems" after needing surgery in the womb. Johnnie C. has a child with Down Syndrome IRL, so I thought it was going to be really interesting seeing that difficult situation portrayed.

Other not-resolved storylines include Nurse Shirley (supposedly the twin of Nurse Laverne?), the relationship between Sean and Kim, and whatever happened to every single character who showed up for a few episodes, especially JD's girlfriends.

Also, where was Doug the last few episodes? He's been in like 50 episodes, but nothing for the finale?

HALLWAY: The biggest surprise guest in the hallway had to be Dr. Miller (the bitchy surgeon) with short, black hair. Totally didn't recognize her until I re-watched it and paused the DVR. Also, they didn't show Jimmy "the overly touchy orderly" massaging Dr. Beardface's Beard Face in the hallway, but you could see it over JD's shoulder in a later shot. Hilarious.

I wished some guests would have been there, including Brendan Frazer as Dr. Cox's brother-in-law buddy, Michael J. Fox as Dr. Kevin Kasey, Heather Graham as Dr. Molly Clock, and Tara Reid as Jordan's sister Dani. Pretty much, if they were a major character for more than one episode, I wanted them to be there. (Except Courtney Cox)

I wished some guests would have been there, including Brendan Frazer as Dr. Cox's brother-in-law buddy, Michael J. Fox as Dr. Kevin Kasey, Heather Graham as Dr. Molly Clock, and Tara Reid as Jordan's sister Dani. Pretty much, if they were a major character for more than one episode, I wanted them to be there. (Except Courtney Cox)

Agreed. Brendan Frazer and Michael J. Fox's story arcs were some of the best moments of the entire show. Courtney Cox on the other hand... well, I was really happy that the way they sent her off was that all the characters pulled together their resources to get her fired because everyone hated her so much.