OCR01840 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Mountain of Dreams"

I rarely post reviews because I never know what to say when commenting on someone's work. I don't really know what to say here, either, but that's because I'm just so impressed by this whole thing. Excellent work!

There's just something about Tal Tal Heights' track that draws electronic/techno remixers in. If I'm not mistaken most LA remixes in OCR are on this track.

Anyway, great take on the track, man. Really synthy and groovy. I like how mellow the intro was...eventually progressing to these awesome solos. Equally as infectious as zircon's previous remix on it.

I think I remember hearing this on the WiP forums... No no, I'm pretty sure I HAVE heard this on the WiP forums because I decided it was so good THEN that I needed to get it THEN, and now that it actually here, and COMPLETE, I think I may just get it again XD.

Great work indeed, and I LOVE Tal tal heights... the first OCR song I got WAS a Tal tal heights mix, in fact (Disco Dan's I believe).

Willrock, glad your mix was finally posted! Funny, I thought this would be your Windfish trance. I was sorely mistaken - very awesome mix. My synth-lead-starvation has now been satiated; Thank you, Will.

I'll admit I didn't see the direction that you took with this source coming and it always seemed to surprise me. It's ver-nice, through and through.

About time this was posted. :D

Not having heard the original, it's always interesting to see what parts I recognize from the other remixes. This undeniably Willrock stuff, and it's not hard to hear it's relatively old Willrock stuff. it's by no meanunenjoyable - this is refreshing.

I had managed to forget this track tho. I tried to remember it, but ended up remembering your Windfish remix instead. I'm not the only one to confuse the two, apparently.

Kind'a messy and could use more EQ separation, but that's already been said. The piano sound feels compressed or something, something weird about it. That's all the negative I can think of. Nice work, bro.

80's vibe, lots of synth melodies and solos, arpeggio effects, and it has an undoubtedly video game music flavor to it. What's not to like? :D

Start to finish, this was awesome. I love this type of synth; hope to hear more of it in the future.

The drums sounded fine to me. I kinda liked them the way they are. They didn't sound lo-fi at all.

The piano at the start is really cool. I liked the transitions you did.

My favorite part is definitely when the synth lead takes the main Tal Tal theme. I can never get enough of that melody. =D

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

That is some tasty synth--I believe I may be one of those synth addicts whom have been so aptly described by teh Pretzman.

Great job, it's awesome to hear the source covered like this. I shall be jamming to this for a long time to come.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01840 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Mountain of Dreams"