OCR01840 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Mountain of Dreams"

Congrats, again. Although I have to say, you are already making music that sounds considerably better than this does. This sounds like something that would have been posted on OCR several years ago, nearly drenched in reverb as it is. :) I'm actually surprised the judges weren't any more bothered by it.

I still think someone ought to make a Ennio Morricone styled version of this song.

Not too long ago, Will gave me a link to his remix of Green Hill Zone from Sonic.

Upon listening, I told him that the force in his music is that he's got his own unique style to it.

When I pressed play this time around, it wasn't any different.

At 0:25 into the song, I already knew I was in for a treat.

While retaining the spirit of the original, it expands the horizon with the audacious clash of genres.

I luved the chord progression, drum pattern, pitch modulation and overall work on soundscape.

This song is overflowing with synth goodness, mixed with a distinctive 80s flavor.

So here, Link's dream almost tasted like a sweet candy drop from childhood.

This remix is the living proof that what counts is not necessarily samples, but talent.

And Willrock's got plenty of that.

Congrats on your first (and certainly not last) posted remix. ;-)

Great Tal Tal Mountain revisit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm at work right now (shh!), at a PC all day, which affords me time to finally catch up on OC ReMix listening, and I'm up to this one. I'm with the crowd on the synth work: impressive. About the ending... I'm gonna take a stab at the possible inspiration, because it's awesome if true. Anyone remember the tune

from Vince DiClola's "Transformers: the Movie" score?

I'm at work right now (shh!), at a PC all day, which affords me time to finally catch up on OC ReMix listening, and I'm up to this one. I'm with the crowd on the synth work: impressive. About the ending... I'm gonna take a stab at the possible inspiration, because it's awesome if true. Anyone remember the tune
from Vince DiClola's "Transformers: the Movie" score?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That track was an inspiration for this remix not just the ending, well spotted man :nicework:

Vince Dicola rulez

• 6 months later...

Well now, I know I'm about a year late to congratulate you, but I guess better late than never. I remember asking about having you post all the version you had of this in the WIP section, and I'm glad that your hard work payed off. Even today I'm still listening to your current and first versions of this, it's that awesome of a mix of that beloved game I had on my first and last gameboy handheld. Excellent mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, its story time :D

Damn its been along time since I did this mix. A little over 2 years old now, I made this when I was trying desperately to get passed the panel by any means possible.

Basically, this remix came to me when I "purchased" the 1986 Transformers Movie Soundtrack, you know... the one with stan bush's "The Touch"

Anyways, I found myself particularly inspired by the works of Vince Dicola, who did the backing score for the movie, and this remix was largely inspired by his works.

This was also the mix where my core synth/rock sound started to come together, thanks to various tweaking of presets I was doing to try and make the samples sound better.

Its showing its age but this mix was really the start of where my core sound started to come together, and it was my best work for a very long time. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it over the years.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01840 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Mountain of Dreams"
  • 3 years later...