Star Fox - Corneria

I felt it was time to get back into the WiP forums to ACTUALLY get better, no joke.

Remember that shitty old Corneria remix I did with programmed guitars? I recorded my own guitars, changed the synth and converted the drums to Drumkit From Hell, and entered it to Dwelling of Duels. It got 13th out of 18, which is a lot better than my last entry which got 11th out of 11. :)

Cryosis - Star Fox - Militiae Corneriae

I know all about the drums being too far back, and am currently working on that. I'll upload a new one (on Tindeck?) when I've fixed the drum problem, but if you guys can give me some feedback on the tone, synth, and overall arrangement...that'd be awesome. Thanks! :)

This sounds like a really long intro. I was waiting for this to have a huge release and go into a much faster, more standard rock piece.

The main problem is the clutter. You could afford to tone down or even drop some instruments. Also, if this is the whole song, it seems more slow than heavy (if that makes sense) and lacks energy.

This seems like the start of a completely awesome piece, but it needs more variation.

This sounds like a really long intro. I was waiting for this to have a huge release and go into a much faster, more standard rock piece.

The main problem is the clutter. You could afford to tone down or even drop some instruments. Also, if this is the whole song, it seems more slow than heavy (if that makes sense) and lacks energy.

This seems like the start of a completely awesome piece, but it needs more variation.

I've often felt the same way about it...but I never got around to adding to it because no one ever mentioned it to me. Thanks! :)

Yeah I'm thinking of making like a full-on 6-minute song out of it, but I'm a little lazy lately.