OCR01089 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snow Motion"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

Good vibes. Only two suggestions, one probably easier than the other if I guess: The snare drum and the acoustic guitar both sound sequencer-esque, though their quality is obviously good. Obviously getting someone to whip out a live guitar would be nice; as for the snare, some variation in the volume, pan, pitch, and especially attack would do wonders! ^^ In any case, very groovy.

• 10 months later...

8O I'm very new to this site but after I heard this it got me listing to more of what this DJ got to offer. This song really makes you space out and it just rocks.

Why did you have to slow down such a great fast song? *sniffle* Make a remix with keeping it speed and I will be happy.

Otherwise,

7/10

the hell do you know about music!?

• 1 month later...

I don't know if i'm alowed to say this here, but here goes :o)

A few weeks ago I made an extended remix of my Snow Motion remix (from 4:08 to 5:35), adding more stuff, like new effects, new melody sequences, a piano melody of my own and some subtile, yet very present, improvements with strong Enigma influences. Since I have the original one in this outstanding site ;o) I think i won't sent it here 'cause you would have two similar remixes, but if you liked this one and want to hear an improved version, you may download it from SoulSeek, my user name is SkyHigh (case sensitive). You just browse my files and look for Sonic the Hedgehog Remixes folder :o)

Thanks! :o) See ya all!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I don't know if i'm alowed to say this here, but here goes :o)

A few weeks ago I made an extended remix of my Snow Motion remix (from 4:08 to 5:35), adding more stuff, like new effects, new melody sequences, a piano melody of my own and some subtile, yet very present, improvements with strong Enigma influences. Since I have the original one in this outstanding site ;o) I think i won't sent it here 'cause you would have two similar remixes, but if you liked this one and want to hear an improved version, you may download it from SoulSeek, my user name is SkyHigh (case sensitive). You just browse my files and look for Sonic the Hedgehog Remixes folder :o)

Thanks! :o) See ya all!

I used to have this extended remix and it was awesome. It captured the essence of the original tune but gave it a new life of it's own.

Unfortunately I've since lost it. I've tried searching for it where you mentioned but my search has come up empty. Do you have this extended remix anywhere else? Or can someone else hook me up with it? I would greatly appreciate it because I loved that extended remix.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Very relaxing song with a sweet soundscape as OA mentioned. The repetition doesn't bother me as much, though, because it actually makes this easier to relax to IMO. I remember many times putting this song on repeat and falling asleep to it in the middle of the night - it's great for that kind of stuff!

The guitar is probably my favorite part. It melds very well with the other instruments. I do also like how the song never feels like it gets to busy, which is good. It just kind of takes you on a relaxing ride.

Nice job!

• 5 months later...

Some tops atmosphere and a pretty cool trip-hop rendition of the main melody won me over in the end. There's a lot to enjoy about this mix, even though it does have its fair share of problems.

True to being trip-hop inspired, its a lengthy and repetitive exercise, which probably wasn't necessary in order to achieve what the mixer was going for. A lot of the mix seems like space-filling; its a shame that space wasn't filled with some fresher interpretation.

The guitar sample is bleedingly obvious in its artificiality, but despite the fact that a better sample/recorded performance would improve the technical sound, the dated sample adds a certain texture its own, so I'm not as flustered about listening to it as I thought I would be.

In all, not a bad effort and a refreshing approach to IceCap.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01089 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snow Motion"