Chemical Plant Zone

Holy Christ! How is this at all "smooth"? It's so ridiculously loud and annoying! You really need to rethink how you're going about that song. The sounds you've chosen are extremely annoying and do not offer any room for dynamic variation. Everything is consistently loud, there's nothing interesting going on because you're just listening to the same flatlined mix. What I mean is, you need to choose sounds that are not so digitally saturated.

Then there's the arrangement (or lack there of)... the original song has great funk elements that you should be working off of, not burying under generic trance bullshit.

It's... bleh. Needs a LOT more work done to it. Firstly, stay away from the built-in sytrus presets in FL, as they're too distinguishable. If you use sytrus, try making your own synths with it. And use a lot of volume control. The synths need to balanced out in loudness.

Also, the arrangement itself is not original enough in my opinion. It follows the original game track too closely without any unique elements.

So yeah, keep working on it.

Theres some potential here.. I for one like the mood you're trying to bring.

I'm new on this forum but maybe I can help you out with the next pointers:

- Lead and back synths are almost identical wich causes alot of frequentie overlap. Either use different synths or do something with the EQ

- Notes are kind of close to eachother without creating significant harmony. Spread out a bit.. A wider range will help you with that frequency problem

- Back synths are too present, I would use a more ambient synth for that. Not only do they take a lot of space in you song.. they also tend to push your drums to the background whenever the lead starts to play... its kinda.. overcrowded?

- There's some slight clipping on the left sometimes

- The track needs more variation atm. You might wanna try some automations

- This track needs some variable and more obvious baseline in my opinion

- Did you put a phaser on an open hat? Cause right now it sounds like a snake attacking me from both sides.

Excuse me english.. and good luck!!

Umm... clipping?

Everything is very, very loud at the moment. My recommendation would be to turn everything down about 10 dbls then turn things up one channel at a time until the sound is right. The bass drum actually makes everything get quiet whenever it plays - try to fix that.

The soundscape is a bit too full - it sounds like a giant muddy mess. The background harmonies are just... well, I can't distinguish anything interesting out of them. They just seem to be there playing the same open chord throughout. I'd just get rid of them and find something to replace it with.

By the way, this song doesn't seem to do much more than play the source (with a few little decorations). For OCR it really needs to be rearranged a lot more than you have here. Best of luck.