Silent Hill Discussion

Night10194

Silent Hill Film Update:

Improved Teaser:

Since the release of the official website, which released a film teaser as the site's flash introduction, the site now offers visitors the option to view the teaser in .mov format (Quicktime). (For those who can access the flash intro, simply click to view again and the Quicktime intro will play instead.) Also, the site has been cleaned up slightly to provide optimal window size and clearity, which includes the teaser. For those with keen senses, you'll notice that the trailer has some slight editting changes since it was first offered. Most noticable of the changes is the picture and sound quality, but you'll also notice some slight cue and directional changes as well. One benefit to having the improved picture quality is that now you can see some items that were not quite as noticeable the first time around. Enjoy.

Official Silent Hill Film Site - Quicktime Teaser (Direct access for those who can't get the flash intro to work.)

Silent Hill Film - Quicktime Teaser [MegaUpload Mirror]

Morbid Obsession's Journey to Silent Hill:

The editors from Morbid Obsession took a trip to the film set and took some photos of the modified streets of Brantford, Ontario (old news, but bare with me for a moment). Yet, they managed to record some places and images that were not shown in any of the official or unofficial film set photos. Their description of the filming process doesn't reveal too much, but still makes me feel excited by reading it. Anyway, the reason why I am posting this now, is for two reasons: 1) for completion of documentation of the film's progress and 2) to let you guys knows that an exclusive interview with Jeff Danna will be posted there shortly (presumably before the end of December). So, keep your eyes out for that.

Morbid Obsession - Journey to Silent Hill Film Set

Rule of Rose:

I'm not sure if anyone has already seen this, but Sony Computer Entertainment is developing a horror game called "Rule of Rose." The only real information I have to go on this are that it will be on the Playstation 2 (released January 19, 2006) and that the two trailers were released in Japan, which suggests a Japan only release, but still worth viewing. Actually, this trailer is a must see for fans of horror-gaming, since it captures so much of the demensia of creepy characters and situations. Details make the man.

I suspect that the game will follow the older, blonde woman who appears to be either a caretaker or teacher to the group of young girls. She appears to be plagued by continuous threats in a surreal setting of 1930's Europe. Based on the appearance and actions of this presumable main character, I think the gameplay will be similar to that of Clock Tower 3, where the character cannot actively fight against her attackers and must resort to hide-and-evade tactics (not my favorite style of gameplay, but not unbareable). However, what makes me most excited are the FMVs of the supporting characters who are as disfunctional and disturbing as they are realistic-looking.

Rule of Rose - Official Playstation Website

GameSpy.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #2 (Stream, Option to Download)

GameTrailer.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #2 (Stream, Option to Download)

GamesRadar.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #2 (Download Only)

GameSpot.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #1 & #2 (Stream, Option to Download with Free Registration)

Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #1 [MegaUpload Mirror] (.zip / .wmv / 6.55MB)

Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #2 [MegaUpload Mirror] (.zip / .wmv / 19.19MB)

• 2 weeks later...
Silent Hill Film Update:

Improved Teaser:

Since the release of the official website, which released a film teaser as the site's flash introduction, the site now offers visitors the option to view the teaser in .mov format (Quicktime). (For those who can access the flash intro, simply click to view again and the Quicktime intro will play instead.) Also, the site has been cleaned up slightly to provide optimal window size and clearity, which includes the teaser. For those with keen senses, you'll notice that the trailer has some slight editting changes since it was first offered. Most noticable of the changes is the picture and sound quality, but you'll also notice some slight cue and directional changes as well. One benefit to having the improved picture quality is that now you can see some items that were not quite as noticeable the first time around. Enjoy.

Official Silent Hill Film Site - Quicktime Teaser (Direct access for those who can't get the flash intro to work.)

The editors from Morbid Obsession took a trip to the film set and took some photos of the modified streets of Brantford, Ontario (old news, but bare with me for a moment). Yet, they managed to record some places and images that were not shown in any of the official or unofficial film set photos. Their description of the filming process doesn't reveal too much, but still makes me feel excited by reading it. Anyway, the reason why I am posting this now, is for two reasons: 1) for completion of documentation of the film's progress and 2) to let you guys knows that an exclusive interview with Jeff Danna will be posted there shortly (presumably before the end of December). So, keep your eyes out for that.

Rule of Rose:

I'm not sure if anyone has already seen this, but Sony Computer Entertainment is developing a horror game called "Rule of Rose." The only real information I have to go on this are that it will be on the Playstation 2 (released January 19, 2006) and that the two trailers were released in Japan, which suggests a Japan only release, but still worth viewing. Actually, this trailer is a must see for fans of horror-gaming, since it captures so much of the demensia of creepy characters and situations. Details make the man.

I suspect that the game will follow the older, blonde woman who appears to be either a caretaker or teacher to the group of young girls. She appears to be plagued by continuous threats in a surreal setting of 1930's Europe. Based on the appearance and actions of this presumable main character, I think the gameplay will be similar to that of Clock Tower 3, where the character cannot actively fight against her attackers and must resort to hide-and-evade tactics (not my favorite style of gameplay, but not unbareable). However, what makes me most excited are the FMVs of the supporting characters who are as disfunctional and disturbing as they are realistic-looking.

GameTrailer.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #2 (Stream, Option to Download)

GameSpot.com - Rule of Rose - Japanese Trailer #1 & #2 (Stream, Option to Download with Free Registration)

This just might be the first time a video game movie actually looks and feels like the experiences in the game.

I knew I wasn't the only person who spotted the head outside Henry's window...I take no credit for this further than finding it floating about somewhere (Pun intended).

http://home.comcast.net/~andydthorley/head_0002.wmv

Okay, good. I wasn't going insane then. I knew I saw the head float up outside the window by the stereo on my first play through, but never saw it ever again.

Also got a little tidbit to add...

Friend just sent me a link to a really, really excellent remix of Room of Angel, called "Room of Angel (Carl B Remix)"

Room of Angel (Carl B Remix)

Hope you guys enjoy :)

As a trance DJ, I gotta say that Carl B stuff is usually good. I've heard a lot of his work and I've mixed with a good handful of his tracks. Excellent stuff.

Silent Hill Film Update:

Improved Teaser:

Rule of Rose:

I almost feel ashamed to admit that I glanced through all the SH movie info and then found myself engrossed in finding out more about this Rule of Rose game. Looks more along the lines of Haunting Ground than anything.

Silent Hill movie needs to come out faster... so does the soundtrack.

Anyways, the movie poster contest is wrapping up in a few hours. Here's my entry. I'm not sure what to think of it. I just wanted to submit something dark, grainy, and foggy like the town itself. Anyways, for everyone out there that submitted something, I hope you all had fun doing so.

Wu-SilentHillMoviePoster.jpg

Global, that poster is awesome :D

...Is it just me, or is it that if you stare at that poster for a few seconds, it actually appears to move? o.0

Thanks Nulion! I didn't notice about it moving until you mentioned it... it depends on where you stare I guess. I hope I didn't make my poster all evil and possessed. o_o

Anyways, the movie poster contest is wrapping up in a few hours. Here's my entry. I'm not sure what to think of it. I just wanted to submit something dark, grainy, and foggy like the town itself. Anyways, for everyone out there that submitted something, I hope you all had fun doing so.

I'm glad to see some people here throwing their hat into the ring, especially since the prize for winning is pretty nice. ($2,500 + 25 free tickets to the premiere + limited edition poster with your design + Silent Hill merchandise package & bragging rights on having made the official poster for the film.)

As a service to Global-Trance and any other people who have submitted a poster for the contest, the voting process will begin tomorrow. Voting can be completed online (through the website) or by text messaging on your cell phone (provided you signed up to receive information when registsering). You can make 1 vote per day from Jan. 4 until 12:00pm (noon) on Jan. 17, 2006. That's a total of 14 possible votes that you can make for your favorite poster. (So, if you guys want to see Global-Trance move on to the second round, send in those votes! Maybe GT will share his tickets with us if he wins. ;))

After the first round of voting is completed, the top 50 posters will be sent to the TriStar Marketing Team and they will narrow the choices down to 5 contestants. They will have the results posted by Jan. 20th, 2006. Afterwards, you can vote (again 1 vote per day) for your top pick until 12:00pm (noon) on Feb. 17, 2006. That's a total of 30 votes that you can cast for the winner.

So, everyone, get those mice ready to cast those votes!

Ah, so not only are the fans creating the posters, but voting on them too? Pretty cool of them :)

Global-Trance's poster honestly does get my vote, and I've taken a look at a lot of different posters. Not one of them has the cool stare at it till you see the fog moving thing though, hehe. Not to mention a lot of them just don't quite feel right, or are overly complicated, etc etc.

...That reminds me, I heard a little something over on the IMDb forums - that Hot Topic has gotten rights to start licensing Silent Hill merchendise. Who knows, could get some cool t-shirts out of it, or stickers and other weirdness. This means I will actually have an excuse to shop there :)

Wu-SilentHillMoviePoster.jpg

Wu, that is fucking awesome.