Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Sun: Part 2 - Passing Through Gerudo Valley

Just looking for some feedback on this short section from my Zelda Remix "Oracle of the Sun"

Gerudo Solo: http://www.mp3.com/media_player/viewer.php?action=launch_player_by_id&ref_id=21807154&ref_type_id=3&edid=&ptid=&ont_id=

Section that this solo comes from:

"Gerudo Valley" Oracle of the Sun: http://www.mp3.com/media_player/viewer.php?action=launch_player_by_id&ref_id=21807154&ref_type_id=3&edid=&ptid=&ont_id=

Latin style is popular among that type of channel...lol...don't worry...i do spice things up quite a bit during the second solo of the song...

That solo sounds like something from the Weather Channel.

Or maybe it's just me.

I like it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, this takes the source and turns into a more melodic listen, which i thoroughly enjoyed. Every note was perfect, as is with all your stuff. :) Also, this seems to be your particular style of remixing, not that there's anything wrong with that, and i'm not trying to change your mind. :) I think the only thing that could spice this up a little more is to add maybe a quiet violin or possibly cello to the "chorus" right before the guitar solo. I think that would really add some more luminescence to track.

I like how the distorted guitars come in towards the end of the track. Again, maybe thinking about adding a lone cello either playing along or playing with the rhythm would really bring the song out more.

As far as production goes, it sound pretty damn good already. No clips, hissing, or distortion anywhere to be found. I think if you are going add the cello, or any other such string or orchestra vst behind this mix, maybe keep it on the high end of the EQ. The arrangement is pretty decent and stays just far away from the source to be different.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

I would love to add some cello/violin parts...however...I don't have access to those instruments. If you know anyone who does...I would more than welcome the extra strings. Thanks for the listen...i'll fool around with some changes and see what i can do...

Ya know, this takes the source and turns into a more melodic listen, which i thoroughly enjoyed. Every note was perfect, as is with all your stuff. :) Also, this seems to be your particular style of remixing, not that there's anything wrong with that, and i'm not trying to change your mind. :) I think the only thing that could spice this up a little more is to add maybe a quiet violin or possibly cello to the "chorus" right before the guitar solo. I think that would really add some more luminescence to track.

I like how the distorted guitars come in towards the end of the track. Again, maybe thinking about adding a lone cello either playing along or playing with the rhythm would really bring the song out more.

As far as production goes, it sound pretty damn good already. No clips, hissing, or distortion anywhere to be found. I think if you are going add the cello, or any other such string or orchestra vst behind this mix, maybe keep it on the high end of the EQ. The arrangement is pretty decent and stays just far away from the source to be different.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, i have the same problem and it seems you like the live instruments rather than using vst's. Which is all well and good unless you can't find anyone that plays those instruments. But i like your undertaking of realism and liveliness for your recordings.

If you don't have access to a an actual violin/cello and someone who can play them, you can always use vst and you'd be surprised how good it sounds in the song. I always vst's for violin's/cello's and i wouldn't mind adding them in there for ya.

You are more than welcome to tinker around with the mix...let me know...I could send you a 96khz 32 bit file to record along with

Yeah, i'll message you my email address to send the song to and i'll mess around with it and let ya know what i come up with. :)

great job! it passes my remix test in that i prefer it to the original, which is rare.

it gets a little loud at 1:11. i turned the volume up for the first minute, then BAM! ow! my ears! i would make the intro slightly louder to compensate.

back off on the chorus just a tad.

perhaps increase the rhythm guitar volume at the end.

keep it up.

-geven

Thanks for the critique...i'm seriously a complete newb when it comes to audio production...and i mostly rely on my video editing background to wing it...thanks for the heads up...i'm making those changes now...

great job! it passes my remix test in that i prefer it to the original, which is rare.

it gets a little loud at 1:11. i turned the volume up for the first minute, then BAM! ow! my ears! i would make the intro slightly louder to compensate.

back off on the chorus just a tad.

perhaps increase the rhythm guitar volume at the end.

keep it up.

-geven

Any suggestion on good vst's?

Unfortunately, i have the same problem and it seems you like the live instruments rather than using vst's. Which is all well and good unless you can't find anyone that plays those instruments. But i like your undertaking of realism and liveliness for your recordings.

If you don't have access to a an actual violin/cello and someone who can play them, you can always use vst and you'd be surprised how good it sounds in the song. I always vst's for violin's/cello's and i wouldn't mind adding them in there for ya.

Any suggestion on good vst's?

To be honest, i just use the vst's included within my recording program called Acoustica Mixcraft 4. While they might not be the most amazing vst out there, they get the job done and sound quite awesome when you mess around with all the settings for a while.

That's why i was suggesting to add the strings for ya. :)

Final Mix before Submission...looking for feedback...Hosted on OCRemix...

I liked the distorted guitars at the near the ending of the track. A part of me was torn because I wanted the dist. guitars to be more reverbed and distant (but still present), and a part of me liked them as they were. I felt the drums could use more break down and dynamic feel, but then I was listening for more of that, so I could've had expectations outside the realm of the composition.

I hope the fade out at the very end is more gradual on the sub'd version, seems a bit harsh, but that could be the stream coding cutting the "quiet out."

I really like it and think it'll stand up well.

I've had those same thoughts about the production and arrangement of this song. The same thoughts exactly...it's amazing. What is holding me back from implementing them is the song as a whole...I guess I should really state that this track is part two of an epic Zelda Remix...so this track is influenced heavily by part 1. Ultimately...it's gonna be 17 minutes of Zelda when the parts are tied together...

I appreciate the comments and the validation of my production thoughts. I knew I was considering those changes for a reason and now i'm going to try them out.

Sweendrix

I liked the distorted guitars at the near the ending of the track. A part of me was torn because I wanted the dist. guitars to be more reverbed and distant (but still present), and a part of me liked them as they were. I felt the drums could use more break down and dynamic feel, but then I was listening for more of that, so I could've had expectations outside the realm of the composition.

I hope the fade out at the very end is more gradual on the sub'd version, seems a bit harsh, but that could be the stream coding cutting the "quiet out."

I really like it and think it'll stand up well.

I've had those same thoughts about the production and arrangement of this song. The same thoughts exactly...it's amazing. What is holding me back from implementing them is the song as a whole...I guess I should really state that this track is part two of an epic Zelda Remix...so this track is influenced heavily by part 1. Ultimately...it's gonna be 17 minutes of Zelda when the parts are tied together...

I appreciate the comments and the validation of my production thoughts. I knew I was considering those changes for a reason and now i'm going to try them out.

Sweendrix

That should be awesome then, link it up when you're happy with the product, love to hear it.