*NO* Scheme 'All My Justice'

djpretzel

Note for future submissions:

We'd appreciate if those who submit mixes from games this old and/or obscure try to supply us with the original source material as midis or other file formats so we can more easily judge arrangement aspects.

- judges panel

I enjoyed this enough, don't know the familiar though - anyone? -djp

Hi, all

I would like to post a remix to OverClocked.

I would be happy if you could review my remix.

Title: The Scheme AllMyJustice OC ReMix

Artist: montax

Year: 2003

Genre: Game

Title of the game: The Scheme (This is quite an old game but I love it) Original Artist: Yuzo Koshiro

Copyright: © Ancient, and © Bothtec

Cheers,

montax

This is the kind of music we all grew up on. This sounds like late 80s game music. Very enjoyable throughout. I think the classic sounds works especially well given the execution. The sample quality is probably the weakest part of this mix. However I don't think it's enough to detract the mix. The more I listen to this the more it grows on me. I really like the instrument selection also. Fun and enjoyable overall.

Edit: :arrow:

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know the familiar?

The most I could find of the OST was SchemeNorm.zip from http://kamakura.cool.ne.jp/gamemusic/mck_2ch.htm

Sounds familiar enough, but I can't say for sure... going on this, I'll make a decision and say YES; although the chippy instrumentation was not reworked, the tune is arranged very well.

Case closed - this submission is notated too similarly to the source midi found. A tracklist I found mentioned a professionally arranged track with nearly the same title and time as this one. If that happened to be authored by the submitter: sorry, we're looking for rearrangements.

NO

Case closed - this submission is notated too similarly to the source midi found. A tracklist I found mentioned a professionally arranged track with nearly the same title and time as this one. If that happened to be authored by the submitter: sorry, we're looking for rearrangements.

NO

I agree. There is a slight possibility that the midi could be by this person and an arrangement, but given the questionable nature of the mix, it's a NO unless better evidence in various areas *validity, or arrangement proof* can be put forward.

NO

Ok, it's speeded up and in a different key, but it's still way too similar to the source material. I'd like to reiterate what GrayLightning said, that if the game is obscure remixers should if at all possible provide us with a source from which to obtain the orginal score. As for myself, I have learned a lesson, and I will not judge a mix from an obscure game until an original source is found.

NO