Nintendo Sound Format (nsf) help

Global-Trance

I'm not totally up on it, but the last time I went mucking around with editing NSFs you needed a basic knowledge of 6502 ssembler.

There is a plethora of information and tools here:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/

Why exactly would you want to split it anyway? If I recall; since an NSF is a stripped down rom image of the original game; splitting them would make them larger (in aggregate) since you'd need a separate copy of the music engine for every instance of a song.

Thanks for the response. I would LIKE individual nsf files for each songs because of a project I'm working on which requires being able to play with the the individual sound channels in individual songs. I'll take a read through that link you posted. If anyone else has any other input, feel free. The more the better.

Thanks for the response. I would LIKE individual nsf files for each songs because of a project I'm working on which requires being able to play with the the individual sound channels in individual songs. I'll take a read through that link you posted. If anyone else has any other input, feel free. The more the better.

What program will you be using to play the NSFs once you're finished? And does it support NSFe?

If so, you can use Winamp + the NotSoFatso plugin to convert an NSF file to an NSFe file, and set the playlist to only play that one track:

Open the file in winamp, and open the file info window:

75768306.jpg

Click the convert to NSFe button:

10473807.jpg

Open your newly-saved file in winamp, reopen the file info window, and go to the playlist tab. Everything should be pretty self explanatory: select the track you want, add it to the playlist, and save the file.

67182867.jpg

You can also set track times, fadeout times, and song title tags with NSFes.