OCR01842 - Doom II "Icon of Sinwave"

You know, I can't help but appreciate that OCR is the perfect venue for a track like this. It's hard to imagine something like this in the commercial scene, and I don't mean that as a diss because this track is 100% kickass, I mean that as a props to OCR for being a hub for lots of unique music! There's a large amount of rock, dance and orchestral style remixes up here, but this track is truely its own beast and it makes me wonder what other unique remixes I've missed along the way.

Wow, that source song is wretched.

Very crazy and exceptionally well done intro to the remix, and I need to echo the sentiment that it exudes quality but really isn't for me. I love the processing, soundscapes, and completely over the top craziness. I'm not sure i'd ever want to put this on a mix cd, but this is the kind of stuff you don't expect to inspire you that really does.

If I ever go to hell, this would be a pretty cool soundtrack to it I think. :-)

The source tune isn't THAT bad... the buildup was very off-putting when playing the game, which worked perfectly for Map 30. And plus it's a Doom tune, so you can't expect great sweeping melodies and so on. :)

As one who has also remixed this theme, I say kickass job! Excellent use of sound effects from the game, fun interpretation of the material, and badass production in general. Good work.

I'm glad people are enjoying this mix. It was fun working with BGC on this and I wouldn't mind doing a collab again in the future. Looking back on this now I can hear things I should have worked on in my part, but it was my first real stab at drum and bass, so there's a lot to learn.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01842 - Doom II "Icon of Sinwave"