Thief 4 (or... Thiaf)

Inimitable

So Thief 4 was announced today, much to the dismay of people who hate incredible video game franchises. We have absolutely no information to go on, but that is no reason not to be absolutely ecstatic... For the next 3 years or so.

At the very least, we won't be limited by the Xbox's hardware like Thief 3 this time around. The 360 is a pretty capable machine.

Thief I and II are possibly my favorite games ever. Seriously. The third one was okay, but had some issues with level design, gameplay, and the somewhat wonky story. (I liked the general idea, it's just that the execution was a little off.)

I'll definitely have my eye on this... MY MECHANICAL ROBOT ZOOMY EYE.

I'm so happy to hear that a fourth installment is going to be released. I remember playing I and II with my brother until early morning, just trying random things on the same map over and over. (Anyone else throw a servant's unconscious body into a pool of water and then fail the mission several minutes after because he died? haha)

I played it on PC, so I wasn't limited by hardware. Loved the game, so I'd certainly look forward to #4.

Limited in that the engine was designed with both the xbox and PC in mind, which resulted in a rather clunky feel. Player movement in particular was awful.