Soundtracks you didn't know were stolen

Bigfoot

This is a pretty interesting article that lists a bunch of songs from video games that sound similar or are blatantly ripped off from other songs.

I never even thought to notice the Guns N' Roses relation with Mega Man X 5, lol.

There are a lot that involve Earthbound.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/soundtracks-you-didnt-know-were-stolen/a-2009051312473912094

I can't read the article (firewalled here) but two Earthbound songs I remember off the top of my head are the drug store music (When I'm Sixty-Four) and the game over music (Livin' on the Edge).

haha same here. Silly school blocks, I'm being watched by 'SyncronEyes" is what my school uses, So I'm not gonna by-pass anything right now :P. I'll wait until I get home. I'm very interested to see this though.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic came to mind when I started replaying Etrian Odyssey earlier tonight. Every time I hear the Pub theme:

I think of this old Faye Wong song:

http://www.karaoo.com/video/1485/王菲-Faye-Wong--可爱眼睛

Not so close that I'd call it stolen or anything, but there it is. (Actually, I understand that the Faye Wong song is itself a cover of something else.)

haha same here. Silly school blocks, I'm being watched by 'SyncronEyes" is what my school uses, So I'm not gonna by-pass anything right now :P. I'll wait until I get home. I'm very interested to see this though.

Bahahaha, that lame filter?! That was what they used at my school (well, when I went to school). I still remember the time it blocked ocr under "religious cult" or something.

Ah yes, the wonders of modern technology.

Bahahaha, that lame filter?! That was what they used at my school (well, when I went to school). I still remember the time it blocked ocr under "religious cult" or something.

Ah yes, the wonders of modern technology.

Hahaha, my old high school never did anything like that.

Back before I even got Roadrunner, I would get on OCR from school and download some of the MP3s (this was also before I knew of torrenting) of Project Chaos and Rise of the Star every day, and any other things on the site that interested me.

why dont you use another browser? google chrome or safari maybe?

Why would I use a browser that plays my gifs too slowly (last time I checked, both use a down throttling setup like IE does)? Besides, it has something to do with FireFox 3. Various interactive things simply don't work, like the play buttons on that site, or the newer interactive radar on weather.com. They work fine on the final versions of FireFox 2, so I just downgraded.

I hate when people say Robo's Theme is ripped off of Never Gonna Give You Up. The chords are different and it's only the first few notes that are the same. :\

I've noticed a lot of the time when people say "this song ripped off this one" that's normally the case, the similarity is so superficial that sometimes it's hard to actually pick it out.

I've noticed a lot of the time when people say "this song ripped off this one" that's normally the case, the similarity is so superficial that sometimes it's hard to actually pick it out.

I agree with you and with Darkeword !

I hate when people say Robo's Theme is ripped off of Never Gonna Give You Up. The chords are different and it's only the first few notes that are the same. :\

Why you gotta hate?

Why can't you love instead?

"I love people that realize that Robo's Theme isn't actually ripped off of Never Gonna Give You Up because the chords are different and it's only the first few notes that are the same."