Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2009 (It's OVER!! More details coming soon...)

Ramaniscence

BTW just wanted to let everyone know, now that all the challenges are locked, you can talk about your songs :)

There's going to be an optional quaterly progress report for anyone that wants to post their WIP that will be handled on Compo:ThaSauce. I'll give more info on that when it's availible.

The deadline WILL be extended but don't count it it being much more than a few days. Again more info on that when it becomes availible.

Edit: First page updated to include all the matchups for your viewing pleasure. :)

Sweet, someone got my challenge! Abadoss, don't let me down!

I don't intend to, but be willing to show some grace if I take it a direction other than you might've had in mind... unless, I do in fact go the direction you have in mind, in which case my comment would not matter... unless, the act of commenting on the matter changes the parameters of the universe in a manner which allows for the completion of the challenge... unless, this is pretty much bullshit by now and I'm just going to go ahead and do what I was originally going to do anyway and forget this conversation ever took place... unless, you talk and I have to kill you... in your sleep... unless, you're awake and I have to kill you while you're walking around or something... unless...

This ProjectSpam fellow, whoever he is, got my Mega Man 4 Challenge.

Let's give him a round of applause for encouragement, shall we?

Do the song justice, sir! ;)

I've started the remix about twice... it's gonna go in some interesting directions, I think. Thanks for the encouragement!

mv got mine :P.

Who requested both lunar tracks?

I'm responsible for both of those tracks, Tallon Overworld 2, and the Snowboard Kids track. mwahaha. I'm really looking forward to hear what they sound like!

Likewise, I'm curious who requested the Chocobo Theme. I have a concept track down I might post soon just to get some ideas on where to go with it from there. I have high hopes!

I don't intend to, but be willing to show some grace if I take it a direction other than you might've had in mind...
Do whatever you want with it. One of the reasons I requested it was I felt it could be taken in a bunch of different directions.
my guess would be F4T4L
That would be kinda funny, as I ended up with his request last year too... I'll have to ask him.

This is gonna take me a while, 'cause all of my recording software (all 4 programs) don't detect any form of input anymore. My ASIO4ALL driver works fine in FL Studio, but I don't use that to record, so it's useless to me. The ASIO4ALL driver is the problem in the other software (it shows all of the inputs, but doesn't show the active/inactive buttons so I can't turn them on). I need to investigate this further, because I've been SPAZZING for a week and a half now.

I haven't tried for very long yet, but I'm having a tough time composing in Fruityloops. Does anyone know of a FREE midi program that can show more than one instrument/part at once (preferably with musical notes instead of a "piano roll"?)

Should I ask this in the help/newbies section?

I don't think it can do multiple parts visible at once, but Anvil Studio will show you two staffs per instrument, which is customizable what range the staffs are in. (Here's an example for you)

It's free for the most part (and when I say that I mean you can do anything with it for free, but there's stuff you can pay for I've just never used any of it) you can drag and drop notes as you please, or input notes with a keyboard (or guitar I think...). If you want any help pm me or something I guess lol.

Bump. Anyone know of any good, free hosting services for .mp3s? All I"ve got is google pages...

FireSlash's WIP Uploader

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/

FireSlash wrote up a little uploader script where you can temporarily house your works-in-progress. There's even a nifty little flash player for the files.

Tindeck

http://www.tindeck.com/

Allows both downloading and streaming, as well as download stats and other stuff. I don't use it myself, but other people swear by it.

In related news, I could've sworn my WIP sounded good when I first put it down. Hurm... *dumps it*

I haven't tried for very long yet, but I'm having a tough time composing in Fruityloops. Does anyone know of a FREE midi program that can show more than one instrument/part at once (preferably with musical notes instead of a "piano roll"?)

Should I ask this in the help/newbies section?

actually in the piano roll of FL you can view multiple parts at once...hit alt+v while viewing the piano roll. it's not notation as you're asking though.