OCR00226 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electric Fields"

m68030

• 2 months later...

Let me clarify a little.

This remix is from both Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. It begins with the SD3 song "Electric Talk" and transitions into "The Boy Aims For Wild Fields" from Secret of Mana at the 1:57 mark, then slides back into Electric Talk at 3:40.

We (Khalal and I) did this remix because a friend of mine pointed out how the two songs used the same background melody, just in different keys. The transition from 1:03 to 1:44 slides up from Electric Talk's key to that of Wild Fields.

And that's why the remix is called Electric Fields. Glad that people like it. It's some of our best work.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

well mixed and creative, this is a really nice mix, despite it's midi-esque sample quality. The rhythm that has been added is really cool and gives the track a lot of energy, and the transitions are really solid. There is also a lot of really cool melodic additions throughout, and if it wasn't for the sample quality, this would be a perfect track.

• 2 years later...

Aside from agreeing with OA's crits about the samples, I find this a bit too repetitive. Especially the hihats.

But it's highly enjoyable. Not much of a foreground mix imo, but an awesome background one. Had this since before I got the torrents.

There's something about the choir that gives it an aquatic feel, which is perfect after a long day of school or work, and in contrast, the rhythm of the track would keep you awake before and during said long day. :)

This has a great source, and it's well used. Highly enjoyable despite it's sample issues.

• 8 months later...

Certainly not meant as a melodically heavy mix, this has some pretty cool stuff going on subtly. Sounds aren't so great today, but I like how things are balanced through most of the mix. The bass line pulsates in a pretty cool way, which is one of my favorite parts of the mix. I like the idea of the choir, but it's very muddy and hard to distinguish at times. Would have liked to hear that clearer overall.

The piano line that starts at 3:40 is very interesting to listen, and I like how it transitions to background when the guitar comes in. I would have liked to hear some creative stuff like that earlier, and throughout the mix.

Nice work, an enjoyable listen.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

What? Why isn't this in my playlist? :o It's a great tribute to SD2-3, where the first half is quieter and the second half increases the intensity.

Into the Thick of It is treated well and it segues into Electric Talk nicely! They meld great together. The real excitement comes at 2:30, while 3:40 is also gets pretty cool.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00226 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electric Fields"