Not sure if this qualifies for OCR but...

It's a remix of the Terminator Theme.

It's played in many of the Terminator games, but because the theme originated in a movie, I doubt it would qualify.

I'm just looking for feedback because I'm starting a new You Tube Channel for theme remixes/covers from games and movies.

Its starts off slow and melodic, and turns agressive at the end. There is a key change from C#m to Gm. I think it went smoothly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uotEdBiYsxM

BTW, I'm still working on Zero Wing, I just have to get some parts down well before I start recording.

The Melody is totally going against the beat. Try aligning the melody better with the drumbeat. It's kind of an abrupt ending, you should definitely put something there. And also it's kind of short, so try putting in your own original "something something" (like a solo or something). It's the same aggressive thing most of the time, try making it so that one part sounds like this and the second part low and relaxing and then come back to high energy so it catches your interest.

The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.

That's a no. Besides, Neblix already pointed out some problems with the remix.

To me, you sound like you need a year of practice before you have a shot at ocr. You could get there sooner, but you'd really have to work on it. Starting a remix channel on youtube means you have an outlet for your music, use that to your advantage and learn something new with every song. I wish you luck.

The Melody is totally going against the beat. Try aligning the melody better with the drumbeat.

Are you talking about the beginning being off time?

I'm using a different time sig than the original. So some notes had to be changed which couild be why its different to what you're used t hearing, but the timing sounds fine to me. But I would prefer to keep the piece short only because no version of the theme has ever been much longer than 2 minutes.

I think I discovered the problem.

This time I was smart enough to save my files as individual tracks and I repalced the beat with the current one at the same tempo at the last minute. But Audacity seems to have a latency issue after recording so many tracks.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23566

But it's no big deal becase the reas ot the song is fine so All I have to do is re-record the drum beat.

I'll repost the video sometime later today.

Are you talking about the beginning being off time?

I'm using a different time sig than the original. So some notes had to be changed which couild be why its different to what you're used t hearing, but the timing sounds fine to me. But I would prefer to keep the piece short only because no version of the theme has ever been much longer than 2 minutes.

It doesn't matter if it's a different time sig, it's OFF.

1, 2, *random place between 2 and 3 the melody starts*, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, *melody ends and starts again*, 4

It's not consistent and the melody is too slow for the tempo. Either you could speed up up the melody or slow the drum beat, and make the melody start ON the first beat of the measure. It's your choice, but at the current state it's just plain too contradictory to not notice. :\

For some reason, I cant even record a 5 second track without latency. :mad:

I am really pulling my hair out on this one because when you actually perform the music on time. but it shows up out if time, I can't begin to tell yo how infuriating this is.

I even anayised the whole piece, and latency exists throughout all 5 tracks. The latter half was recorded seperatley, and it's only 3 tracks so it's not nearly as evident.

Anyway, Audicaty is a steaming pile of shi-- apparently, so I'll have to try some other programs.

BTW, I'm running a 2GHz Dual core with 2GB of RAm with a Tascam digital audio recorder.

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=140