Metal Gear Solid Rising - Lightning Bolt Action -

Global-Trance

bigbossraidennextmetalg.jpg

I think that being Gray Fox is grasping for straws. It's Raiden without a doubt.

uh you know except for the stuff I said

it's pretty simple to come to the conclusion that it isn't raiden when you realize that it doesn't look like raiden

what's with all of you claiming it's DEFINITELY big boss? i remember reading somewhere that it was another clone rather than big boss himself

a secret fourth clone that didn't exist until now!!!!

that makes much more sense!!!!!!!!

Aw, darn, I was hoping for Metal Gear Solid 5: Retirement Home of The Patriots.

But still, I'm so glad it doesn't continue on from MGS4. I loved that game, but it was just so ridiculous in plot. I actually like how this is going to cover the backstories of Raiden and Big Boss(from what it looks like).

Can't wait to hear more! :)

uh you know except for the stuff I said

it's pretty simple to come to the conclusion that it isn't raiden when you realize that it doesn't look like raiden

a secret fourth clone that didn't exist until now!!!!

that makes much more sense!!!!!!!!

I read everything you said, I just don't really believe it personally.

I dunno it looks like Raiden to me...

raidenmgs4.jpg

I cant remember the "story line" very well right now.

That's because the Metal Gear Solid timeline is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Anyone who actually claims to understand it has either spent a significant portion of their life wrapping their head around the insanity, or is lying.

Or did you just mean the storyline of Metal Gear 2?

That's because the Metal Gear Solid timeline is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Anyone who actually claims to understand it has either spent a significant portion of their life wrapping their head around the insanity, or is lying.

Or did you just mean the storyline of Metal Gear 2?

I moreso meant the story line from Metal Gear 1 to Metal Gear Solid, since Ive never played those games so im not sure exactly when gray fox turns all cyborg and shizz. And I assume Big boss is still alive after metal gear 2, so this is why my theory places the game after metal gear 2 but before metal gear solid.

Either way I put story line in quotes because of the exact reason you stated lol

The plot isn't THAT hard to follow, at least timeline-wise.

Patriots are formed sometime during the early 20th century(or maybe before that, I forget).

The Boss and her Cobra Team help the allies(specifically the U.S.) dominate the second World War. Jack(Big Boss) is born around the 30's, and shortly after WWII, begins training under The Boss.

EVA is born in China and is raised and trained to be an agent of the communist government of said country. ADAM(Revolver ocelot) is born somewhere in the U.S and later joins some kind of special forces unit under command of the President.

The Events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater begin.

The Boss "defects" to the soviet union after The Virtuous Mission goes sour.

Some time passes

Operation "Snake Eater" begins, Snake meets EVA who is disguised as a U.S. sleeper agent, and runs into Ocelot, all the while unaware that he is working as ADAM under orders of the U.S. President.

The Boss' true role is revealed as the events of Snake Eater end.

Snake is now "Big Boss"

*Shit happens in Portable Ops*(didn't play it)

The "L'enfant Terible" project begins, Solid, Liquid, and Solidus(and Plasma :-P) are "born": Begin military training shortly there after.

The events of Metal Gear occurs, Snake kills Big Boss and finds out that he's his "father". Mass drinking ensues. :-P

*Shit happens in Metal Gear 2*

Uh... I'm tired of writing, but everything else is pretty much straightforward, although I never got to play MGS4, so I have no idea what kind of clusterfuck they've added to the series.

The plot isn't THAT hard to follow, at least timeline-wise.

True. In the gross "stuff happens at this point" sense, it's not all that bad. But in the sense of who's working for who when, why, and knowingly or not, whether they're a double (or triple, or in at least one case quadruple) agent, what they're trying to do at the time, whether that's just a screen for something else, what actually happens as a result, etc etc etc, it's a nightmare.

Everything is covered in at least four layers of bullshit at all times, and digging through it is enough to drive strong men mad.

Actually when you filter out the extra meat, MGS' story isn't that hard.

-Some guy who becomes the best soldier ever, gets a crapload of money from the remains of conspiracy 1 and forms conspiracy 2 with his buddies(best soldier ever's friend, best soldier ever's ho, best soldier ever's #1 fan, movie geek, and black guy. The last two die and don't matter), inspired by best soldier ever's master.

-The best soldier ever gets into a fight with one of his buddies because best soldier ever's best bud cloned him behind his back. They split conspiracy 2 into a secret war.

-They fight a lot, shit happens, best soldier ever's friend gets old and sulks by replacing conspiracy 2 with conspiracy 3, run by computers. Best soldier ever starts his own country to oppose them, but best soldier ever clone 1 beats him. Then years later, best soldier ever clone 1 beats him for good with a can of deodorant and a lighter.

-best soldier ever clone 1 does a bunch of stuff with conspiracy 3 looming above, kills best soldier ever clone 2, and helps traumatized child soldier kill best soldier ever clone 3. He becomes famous, but then he gets old fast because he's a clone and no one cares about him anymore...worshipping real best soldier ever instead.

-traumatized child soldier and best soldier ever's ho fight conspiracy 3 because conspiracy 3 wants to control the human race like computers, while best soldier ever's number #1 fan pretends to be best soldier ever 2 in order to do the same thing...but not together...because he's cool like that and thinks he's best soldier ever clone 2. Best soldier ever clone 1 goes and kills best soldier ever's number #1 fan, but it's part of best soldier ever's #1 fan's plan and conspiracy 3 is destroyed.

-best soldier ever clone 1 meets best soldier ever after many years and say sorry to eachother. best soldier ever dies, and best soldier ever clone 1 smokes a cigar cause he has a few months to live, that he'll probably spend wondering what the hell just happened.

-There's giant robots mixed in there somewhere.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Actually when you filter out the extra meat, MGS' story isn't that hard.

-Some guy who becomes the best soldier ever, gets a crapload of money from the remains of conspiracy 1 and forms conspiracy 2 with his buddies(best soldier ever's friend, best soldier ever's ho, best soldier ever's #1 fan, movie geek, and black guy. The last two die and don't matter), inspired by best soldier ever's master.

-The best soldier ever gets into a fight with one of his buddies because best soldier ever's best bud cloned him behind his back. They split conspiracy 2 into a secret war.

-They fight a lot, shit happens, best soldier ever's friend gets old and sulks by replacing conspiracy 2 with conspiracy 3, run by computers. Best soldier ever starts his own country to oppose them, but best soldier ever clone 1 beats him. Then years later, best soldier ever clone 1 beats him for good with a can of deodorant and a lighter.

-best soldier ever clone 1 does a bunch of stuff with conspiracy 3 looming above, kills best soldier ever clone 2, and helps traumatized child soldier kill best soldier ever clone 3. He becomes famous, but then he gets old fast because he's a clone and no one cares about him anymore...worshipping real best soldier ever instead.

-traumatized child soldier and best soldier ever's ho fight conspiracy 3 because conspiracy 3 wants to control the human race like computers, while best soldier ever's number #1 fan pretends to be best soldier ever 2 in order to do the same thing...but not together...because he's cool like that and thinks he's best soldier ever clone 2. Best soldier ever clone 1 goes and kills best soldier ever's number #1 fan, but it's part of best soldier ever's #1 fan's plan and conspiracy 3 is destroyed.

-best soldier ever clone 1 meets best soldier ever after many years and say sorry to eachother. best soldier ever dies, and best soldier ever clone 1 smokes a cigar cause he has a few months to live, that he'll probably spend wondering what the hell just happened.

-There's giant robots mixed in there somewhere.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Hah! nice summary, but i think you missed at least 2 other conspiracies... or maybe some folks just look into it a bit too far.

I looked at the thing for almost 5 minutes and nothing happened, so I was a bit confused about why it needed to know my age too.

Maybe it'll become something eventually.

Plus it's official.

maybe_raiden.jpg

Still looks mostly like Raiden to me but there are some differences...plus the eye color.

I dunno, it could be just pointless cosmetic changes but I'll just call him maybe-Raiden till we hear more.

Edit: I keep hearing the crazy, crazy speculation from people that maybe it's Sunny. Not saying I believe that or not...but it's a popular rumor.

maybe_raiden.jpg

Still looks mostly like Raiden to me but there are some differences...plus the eye color.

DIFFERENT HAIR COLOUR

DIFFERENT EYE COLOUR

DIFFERENT CYBORG SUIT

RAIDEN DOES NOT HAVE SCREWS IN HIS FOREHEAD

RAIDEN DOES NOT HAVE A BARCODE TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD

RAIDEN IS NOT MISSING AN EYE

it is PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT IT IS NOT RAIDEN

DIFFERENT HAIR COLOUR

DIFFERENT EYE COLOUR

DIFFERENT CYBORG SUIT

RAIDEN DOES NOT HAVE SCREWS IN HIS FOREHEAD

RAIDEN DOES NOT HAVE A BARCODE TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD

RAIDEN IS NOT MISSING AN EYE

it is PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT IT IS NOT RAIDEN

Does every single post from you have to look like you're jumping up and down? I never said it was Raiden for sure, just that it mostly does look like him. He does have the same hair, similar face, and it looks like the same cyborg suit with minor differences. I mean...I guess it could be Frank for all anyone knows, but I don't remember Gray Fox looking quite that feminine either, especially by his cyborg days.

But...I'm still not saying it's Raiden for sure because the barcode is there, and of course the eye. I have one crazy shot in the dark...what if it's Raiden's body but someone else' mind? Like Frank for instance? I mean he's mostly machine now so that's not as far fetched as some other stuff this series has pulled. The eye bandage could always be something more metaphorical, Kojima loves that stuff.

There's also the very real possibility that Kojima just had the eye colored brown to mess with us for no reason.

Also these letters/numbers appear now. R E 5(could always be S too) P R C 6 O(or it could be 0) 3

For what it's worth. You know you can spell out PS3, or 360 so maybe it'll be multi platform this time. I dunno.