Chrono (Megah Mix) w/ General MIDI

rig1015

AmR - Chrono (Megah Mix)

Please forgive the first 1:18 ... DJ friendly mix time, ya'know?

I made this song as a project for school using only Quicktime 7.0 to sequence, mix, add effects everything. Constrained to pre-packaged Apple AU's and all that nonsense. :-?

All rendered general MIDI from the Quicktime Synth (AU) ... wait, no. I used some loops that came with the default ACID session. Wave files. They helped make better sounding drums. I actually made a synth-patch I could trigger on MIDI to play the loop back as you held one note :razz:.

I only used FX's that were available as default plug-ins and staying within the basics; comp, EQ, delay, reverb. I did tricky engineering with making things reverse before hits, but nothing fancy. No mastering. No real mixing either, I guess because this was made in Quicktime... you had a volume number but it was all aural mixing and constrained to head phones, no studio monitors, no VU meters :cry:.

I was pleased with the end result given the constraints for the project. We were allowed to use any musical works so long as we used Quicktime as the sequencer, I went with a collage of various Chrono MIDI's I'd sequenced back 2000.

Input was manual because I couldn't figure out how to patch in the oxygen 8 into quicktime in order to sequence the MIDI data, I know now, but it made everything difficult during the sequencing stage.

I was just wondering if this GMidi project is worth revisiting to make OC worthy?

I posted for a Life~Faraway promise remix I made called Destine from Chrono Cross, but I got the "source? not enough." critique. This has (minus DJ mix time) lots more source... at least the way I remember it. I'm not Ninja enough to make a map of the source used :razz:.

Decently mixed, but QT's instruments are terrible. I doubt it'd take long for this to get NO'd on the panel.

Took until 2:30 or so until I recognized the source. Seems like there could be enough source (given that the ), and you could always lace it with something from another CT song, e.g. the over-remixed Corridor of Time intro/backing.

The arrangement has potential. The sound doesn't.