Any BSG Fans / Remixers?

rig1015

Battlestar had the best music I've ever seen on television. I'm not really sure I've heard of anyone in this community remixing TV music on a large scale (besides anime), but I would like to agree completely with this n00b that it would be fantastically worthwhile to listen to some of Bear McCreary's music and consider whether it could be feasibly arranged in OCR's style.

Examples:

(a cover of all along the watchtower arranged specifically for the show)

McCreary, the composer worked with several leitmotifs throughout the series. Several of his songs were effectively arrangements of what he already did... in a way very similar to the extremely "liberal" tracks on OCR. Again, I highly recommend him.

I have a Trance Remix of the Rosin Adam Theme from Season 2. If that's worth anything. Its a YouTube slide-show because NBC / Universal has already banned a bunch of my mixes because I used footage form the show(s)... so I just stick to slide-shows now.

Edit:

Link edit- no more youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so not a Trance lover? Or just got such a big boner for Bear that nothing would please you but his music in raw form? I'm glad that's what you heard/thought because you were the first to not like any of the mixes I made (for BSG).

Admiral and Commander is great, as you've listed. It's so emotionally tied to the show, and it's such a fitting piece of music; BSG was really damn lucky to have Bear McCreary work with them on it. He did to BSG what Nobuo did to Final Fantasy.

A personal favourite of mine is

. It's as close to "epic" as you'll get in the BSG soundtrack, but it's also unique in its own way. No bombastic generic hollywood here, oh no.

Gaeta's Lament (S 4)

Something Dark is Coming (S 2)

Passacaglia (S 1)

Storming New Caprica (S 3)

-and of course-

Heed the Call !!!!!!!!!!! (S 3)

All are my favs but hands down I could listen to all seasons top to bottom and like every track ... except Battlestar Muzaktica ... but I understand the need for that track