RoeTaKa - Forever

RoeTaKa

Pretty damn good, Roe. Wasn't sure you still posted on ocr other since I've been gone awhile, but I'm glad to see you are. Hope you're well! You're obviously keeping up with your sounds. It's quite a nice track minus the fact that you have always needed the london symphony orchestra backing you up : ) it has a nice elegiac feel, changes up nicely halfway through, and the string parts are pretty strong and well-developed.

my only beef is with the beginning. personally, i feel like it starts up a little too quickly, which makes the beginning feel rushed/unpolished, when the track IS in fact pretty polished as is. i don't know if you're still working on it, but something as simple as just beginning with the piano and then bringing in the strings would help. you may be opposed to a longer lead in and feel like you want to get right into the track, but... i actually think it would suit the track better.

cheers

Ha! It's an ocr:other reunion! : )

What have you been up to, Lunar?

Post something!

Oh man, I've been busy as hell, me and my brother have been doing a lot lately, I posted this some time ago in the ReMix section:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22056

and this a few days ago:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23497

Other than that I've been composing for indie games lately, a lot of very ambitious people out there making high quality games, so I'm composing a full soundtrack for a turn-based RPG right now, and there's a third-person Sci-Fi action game we might do a whole soundtrack for soon.

Sorry for spamming in your post RoeTaka I guess I should have made this a PM but I was too lazy for that lol

this stuff sounds pretty sick, lunar. reminds me of symphony x, except with some crazy synth work that i'm really liking. and is that metalocalypse in your sig?

Metalocalypse? Never heard of it, the sigs artwork of the two guys is an original artwork I hired an artist to do, it's supposed to be me and my brother lol One guy once told me it looks like Vamp and Liquid from the Metal Gear series.

Glad you like the music man.

Man what a thread! Such a massive reunion! Jezon, Lunar, Mono, RK...beautiful. Good to see you all round and checking out my stuff too haha! I've been well busy lately so I don't usually check up (Kinda forgot I posted this here).

Thanks jez, liked that band too they have cool use of atmospherics with quirky basslines. Sorry I'm just getting the most out of my samples lately haha. Good to see you around too Lunar it's been ages!

RK, where are you man lol. WHERE DID YOU HIDE?

Thanks again, should be posting something new up soon.

Man what a thread! Such a massive reunion! Jezon, Lunar, Mono, RK...beautiful. Good to see you all round and checking out my stuff too haha! I've been well busy lately so I don't usually check up (Kinda forgot I posted this here).

Thanks jez, liked that band too they have cool use of atmospherics with quirky basslines. Sorry I'm just getting the most out of my samples lately haha. Good to see you around too Lunar it's been ages!

RK, where are you man lol. WHERE DID YOU HIDE?

Thanks again, should be posting something new up soon.

Indeed man, been YEARS! lol.. Well, we're still alive and pretty well hopefully lol Atleast we're still cooking up music. I recently had a hacked website.. But I just fixed it, damn hackers!! Anyways, it's all good now.

Send me some too, never heard about this.

Anyways, do you still write Jezon? I remember you were writing long documents a long time ago, essays? If you got any new material, feel free to link that too... I'll be sure to read it.

Done and done. I'll have to send you some writing later : )