Megaman X - "Energy Mine" (Armored Armadillo's Stage)

CobaltDelta

Having tried it out myself with a MIDI file and about 10 minutes in Fruity Loops, I think this song would sound downright badass in a rock sort of genre. Rock being a purely non-technical classification of the genre, because to be honest, it's midnight and I'm having a hard time specifically classifying it. Basically, something with overdriven guitars. Bonus points if you incorporate electronica.

Folks like Housethegrate, Protricity, and Sixto Sounds have styles akin to what I'm thinking of. I could see (or hear, rather) it implemented in any of those three, and it would sound awesome. But that's just my take on it. If you think a different style in the same neighborhood (or same general area, really) would be better, then by all means.

Kind of a low-priority, "I'm-not-really-counting-on-this" suggestion here, but I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone's interested. Not like it hasn't probably been suggested a million times before.

I'm not sure a source tune is really required here; the theme is pretty well known. But if anyone wants it, let me know and I'll track down a link.

Here you go, here is a link of some remixed music from Megaman X. Most of the songs were made by an artist called U-Gen. He has some awesome rock versions of Armored Armadillo, as well as Spark Madrill, Storm Eagle, Flame Stagger and others. My favorite is his rendition of Spark Mandrill. Check it out.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Music_by_U-GEN

• 3 weeks later...
Here you go, here is a link of some remixed music from Megaman X. Most of the songs were made by an artist called U-Gen. He has some awesome rock versions of Armored Armadillo, as well as Spark Madrill, Storm Eagle, Flame Stagger and others. My favorite is his rendition of Spark Mandrill. Check it out.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Music_by_U-GEN

Excellent.