Issue with Audacity (latency)

Okay, I originally had a P4 3GHz with 1GB of RAM running my recording equipment.

But the problem was the when I would record, I would have an issue with the recording being slower than the original performance. So my tracks wouldn't be in time with each other.

This would happen after about an hour into working, and about 10 or 20 tracks have been deleted/modified.

So I rebuilt this PC using an AthlonX2 3800+, and 2GB of DDR. And I just discovered that this issue still exists, but not as obvious as it used to be.

It can be extremely irritating when this happens.

So to prevent this, do I need to drop Audacity in favor of better software?

Or are there setting that I can do to prevent this.

To me, the recording ends up being way faster than original.

But it only occurs when I've got like 15 VST tracks not yet rendered.

Whether the recording is in 16 or 24 bit doesn't make a difference sadly.

Neither does the latency tweaking and Asio driver.

Sometimes I even got some tempo change mid-song, and other strange time signatures artifacts.

This is indeed infuriating, so I opted for another wave editor, and since no more problems.

Hmm, I wouldn't expect the tascam to have that problem, but it might just be a bad setting that you're using in Audacity. I don't use it as my primary recording software, so I really can't give you too many suggestions besides the cop-out answer: try something else to see if the problem still exists there. If it worked for Mokram...

My latency issue has worsened big time

I cant even record a 5 second track now :mad:

This really sucks when you're actually performing the music, and not running through FL.

I guess I'll try some other programs becuase the way I see it is that freeware or not, any program should be able to do it's basic function out of the box without adding a bunch of bullsh*t to make it work.

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=140