Radio Free Gamer podcast

justinj212

I'd like to invite everyone back to Radio Free Gamer tomorrow night at 7PM EST! For those of you who joined us last week, feel free to visit the chat room again. I have some great music for you guys, and some video game and VGM news to discuss. Check out my show and the other shows on the 8BitX network only at 8bitx.com! Also, if you want to download my old episodes please check out my podcast!

Radio Free Gamer airs tonight at 7PM EST! Join us for another great episode featuring free VGM! Check the home page (http://8bitx.com) for the link to listen in, and to join the live chat during the show! If you can't listen live, check out the podcast link in my signature.

Also, 8bitx would like to welcome two new shows on Thursday nights from 9PM-Midnight EST. Join us for Centrifugal Force and Remix Radio, both focusing on Top 40 mixes. Check out 8bitx.com for more info!

This week on Radio Free Gamer we will feature an interview with rock artist Henrik Lidbjork (aka Mutherpluckin' B) about his latest Nintendo cover album and his plans for the future, including the band he recently formed! As usual, we will also feature great, free video game music, our win and fail of the week, and the latest scoops. Join us for Radio Free Gamer this Wednesday at 7PM EST, only at 8bitx.com.

Also (if you didn't know), you can follow @justinj212 via Twitter for updates and send a tweet his way with your wins/fails of the week, you can join us on facebook at the Radio Free Gamer group, and send any requests or questions to radiofreegamer@gmail.com! Thanks for checking out our show!

• 4 weeks later...

World 1 Level 12 is available to download via podcast! I play music from some of the VGM communities and resources that you might not have heard of, but should!

Also, I have posted a review of Batman: Arkham Asylum onto the forums at 8bitx.com. It is a first attempt to expand the Radio Free Gamer branding, I suppose. Constructive feedback would most certainly be appreciated. You can PM me here or, preferably, email me at radiofreegamer@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Happy Beatles Day and happy 10th anniversary Dreamcast!

As usual there will be a new episode of Radio Free Gamer tonight at 7PM EST! If you can't catch it live, you can download it via podcast this weekend. Listen in at 8bitx.com!

Also, another Radio Free Gamer review will be posted this weekend. The subject: The Beatles Rock Band! Possibly Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders as well.

• 3 weeks later...

New episode tonight at 7PM EST! We've got some great music, some newly released stuff and some stuff that's been around for a while, and it's all leading up to a great big announcement about future guests! Also, a winful win and epic fail of the week as always, and this week I have an especially great win!

Join us live or download the podcast, either way check out the show and the forums at 8bitx.com! Post here or email me at radiofreegamer@gmail.com with questions or comments.

Also, the 8BitX Radio Network (love saying that) is proud to welcome our 5th show, Average Joe Gamer! The show will air immediately before mine, from 6:30-7PM EST on 8bitx.com, and features discussion of recent video game news and releases as well as some games you might have missed. Games are expensive, so tune in to see what the Average Joe Gamers are playing and you might just save a buck on that overhyped new release or find a bargain bin gem that everyone else has overlooked! Again, find out more at 8bitx.com and hope to see you for RFG tonight at 7PM EST!

Hey everybody! As announced on last week's show, Christopher Tin will join us on Radio Free Gamer to discuss how his song "Baba Yetu" has impacted his career, and of course the debut of his new album "Calling All Dawns!" The show will air from 7-9PM EST tomorrow, Wednesday the 7th, only at 8bitx.com. I'll upload the show to the podcast on Friday in case you can't listen in when it airs.

As always, I'll have free video game music, my win and fail of the week, and lots of other cool things going on. Thanks for checking the show out, and I hope to see you on Wednesday at 7PM EST!

World 1 Level 17 of RFG has been posted to the podcast. This episode contains an excellent interview with composer Christopher Tin concerning his upcoming album, "Calling All Dawns"! The interview is really great, and I hope you enjoy it. Check out the podcast at 8bitx.com or through the links in my sig. Thanks!

Hey all! This is a huuuuuuuge week on RFG, as we will be joined LIVE by OCRemix Xenogears project director Avaris! We'll discuss the project and get the inside view of its development and release.

Not only that, but we'll have some exclusive preview tracks from the upcoming project! The only place to get them until its release is right here on Radio Free Gamer at 8bitx.com. Tune in live tonight from 7-9PM EST or download the podcast (which I promise will be posted tonight!). I hope you can join us live in the chatroom, but if not then check out the podcast and the forums. Enjoy!

RFG World 1 Level 18, featuring the interview with Avaris and the preview tracks from Xenogears "Humans and Gears", has been added to the podcast! Be sure to check it out here. The interview is really informative, especially since it was done live, and the preview tracks are really great. Definitely a must-listen for any OCR or Xenogears fan. Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoy it!

This week will be our Halloween special! We'll have some great music to trick-or-treat to, as well as scary segments including "Horrifying Events in Video Game History", "Scariest Games of the Year", and "Most Frighteningly Bad Games of the Year". Join us live at 7PM EST this Wednesday, only on 8bitx.com! And I promise not to play "The Monster Mash" :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I have to say in advance - I feel like I was mildly tangential at some points during the interview, since my attention was also somewhat distracted by staff vetting of projects and our approach for each one.

I feel like there were some interesting questions asked though, I was more at ease during the actual interview than the last one I think. :smile:

Thanks again Wes. I definitely feel like we got another great interview, and I certainly don't mind going off-topic. Trying to force things to stay on-topic destroys the flow of the interview and makes things sound artificial. I definitely prefer a natural conversation to an "interview."

Hey all! Radio Free Gamer is back from it's break (job training, holidays, magfest, other excuses) and we have a great episode lined up for tomorrow night. Bahamut and Geoffrey Taucer return to discuss their shortly-to-be-released DKC2 album! Not only do we have an exclusive interview, but we have exclusive preview tracks from the upcoming album! And as always, we will have some great (FREE) VGM and remixes. Join us live tomorrow night at 7PM EST on 8bitx.com, or download the podcast via the link in my sig. Thanks, and I hope you'll enjoy World 2 of RFG!

World 2 Level 1 of RFG is now available to download via podcast! Check out the exclusive DKC2 interview and tracks contained therein.

On W2L2, we will feature Shael Riley of the Grammar Club and Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire. We discuss the emergence of Nerdcore, its relationship to VGM, and his newest works! The interview airs as part of Radio Free Gamer this Wednesday at 7-9PM EST, only at 8bitx.com. I hope you can join us live to listen and talk in the chatroom, but if you can't then be sure to check out the podcast when it's posted over the weekend. Thanks!