Radio Free Gamer podcast

justinj212

Hey all! There's another episode of Radio Free Gamer tonight at 7PM EST on 8bitx.com! There's been a lot of great VGM released lately, and I have some excellent tracks lined up to play. Listen live at 7PM EST at http://8bitx.com/streams.html and chat here.

Also on 8BitX this week, the quarterfinal round of the 32/64 Bit Tournament on the 8Bit Extravaganza. The field of 64 games from the N64, PSX, SAT, 3DO, and JAG have been whittled down to the elite eight, and your votes will decide who goes on to the next round!

If you want our take on the latest video game news, check out Elder Speak, the official podcast of Elder-Geek.com aired weekly on 8BitX! I join Randy and Gavin this week to discuss FFXIII, Nintendo passing on Natal, and more video game news in addition to discussing RFG. Not only that, but I'll be joining Gavin and Matt for the pilot episode of a new series from Elder-Geek.com! I'll keep you posted on that.

Thanks for checking the thread, and I hope you can listen live or download the podcast via the link in my sig.

Tonight on the 8BitX internet radio network, we have another episode of Radio Free Gamer at 7PM EST! There's some great FREE video game music as always, and we are joined by Chris (TenchuX) for discussion.

On the 8-Bit Extravaganza at 9PM, Will holds the quarterfinal round of our 32/64-Bit Tournament. Call in your votes or join us in the chat to see which of these 8 games will proceed to the semifinals:

Mario 64 vs Goldeneye 64

Zelda Ocarina of Time vs Mario Kart 64

Castlevania SOTN vs Twisted Metal 2

Resident Evil vs Final Fantasy VII

Listen live at http://8bitx.com/streams.html and chat here (forum reg required)! Thanks, and we hope you can join us.

• 2 weeks later...

This week on Radio Free Gamer we will have a special feature on "Kaleidoscope!" Chris (TenchuX) and I will discuss the game and Mattias Gerdt (AnotherSoundscape)'s soundtrack. Tune in to hear the discussion, and to learn how to win a "Kaleidoscope" download code!

As always, the show airs Wednesdays 7-9PM EST on http://8bitx.com/streams.html. If you can't listen live, the podcast will be posted that same evening so be sure to download and listen in order to learn how to win a download code for "Kaleidoscope."

After Radio Free Gamer, Will hosts the exciting final of the 32/64 bit tourney! The field of 64 games has been whittled down to the final two: Final Fantasy 7 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Your votes will decide which game reigns supreme and which is cast into the fiery depths of hell! Tune in live at 9PM EST and join us in the chat room to cast your vote.

If you are a fan of video games and video game music, then join us tonight for an epic evening of programming the likes of which can only be found on the 8BitX Internet Radio Network!

• 2 weeks later...

This week RFG falls on St. Patrick's Day. In order to celebrate, we're going to have a feature on Irish and Celtic influences on VGM! Kenley Kristofferson, host of Into the Score, will join us to lend his musical expertise. Join us to listen to some Irish-influenced VGM, drink some Guinness, and celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the 8BitX crew!

After RFG, Will continues the celebration with a night of craziness fueled by classic video games and adult beverages! Listen live and join in the chat, all at 8BitX.com! Radio Free Gamer starts at 7PM EST this Wednesday, and the fun continues with the 8-Bit Extravaganza at 9PM EST. Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

This week's RFG is jam-packed with excellent features. First and foremost, Tommy Tallarico will join us to discuss the upcoming Video Games Live special on PBS! He gives us some great insight to his concert series, answers your questions (thanks again for submitting such excellent questions!), and even reads off his OWN PERSONAL LIST OF NEW ARRANGEMENTS FOR VGL! You interested in knowing what one of the largest VGM concerts around has coming up in terms of new music? You can find out right here!

We will also feature the new DKC2 album, give you the lowdown on why it's one of the best OCR albums yet, and discuss a couple of tracks. We do this live, so if you want us to air your opinions of the album and join in the discussion, be sure to join us in the chat room tonight!

Finally, on a more serious note, we will air a special tribute to Nujabes. His music is truly amazing, and if you've never heard of him we'll show you exactly why he was one of the greatest hip hop producers ever. We'll also feature some excellent fan arrangements from the community here at OCR, so be sure to check it out as well.

So, be sure to join us live from 7-9PM EST only at 8BitX.com. Tune in here, and definitely join in the chat here. Thanks, and we hope you can join us. If not, be sure to subscribe to the podcast.

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to tune in to Radio Free Gamer tonight, as we will be giving away some epic Lord of the Rings Online swag! That's right, the great people at Turbine Studios provided us with some signed Art and Music Books for Lord of the Rings Online. Not only do they have some beautiful concept art, but they come with a CD of the LotRO Mines of Moria soundtrack! This is something you can't get anywhere else, so be sure to tune in live at 7PM EST tonight. Listen live here, and be sure to join us in the chat room if you want to win!

As for the show itself, we will play some tracks from the Duck Hunt HD Remix soundtrack and do an album review of the 100 Rogues soundtrack! Everything we play on RFG is free to download, so listen live and discover some great VGM artists.

• 1 month later...

This week on Radio Free Gamer, nerdcore rapper Beefy joins us to discuss his latest album, "With Sprinkles." As always, we'll also play some great, free video game music.

Afterwards, there will be all sorts of craziness on the 8 Bit Extravaganza as we rapidly approach our next 8 Bit Tournament! Will also announces the winner of this week's prize: a copy of the Oneups' latest album, "Super Mario Kart." Be sure to register on the forums at 8BitX.com in order to be eligible.

Radio Free Gamer airs Wednesdays from 7-9PM EST on 8Bitx.com, and the 8 Bit Extravaganza follow from 9-11PM EST. If you can't listen live, be sure to download the podcast via the links in my sig! Thanks, and we hope to see you this week at 8BitX.com!

Hey all! This week on Radio Free Gamer we will feature an interview with MegaRan and K-Murdock concerning their upcoming album, "Forever Famicom"! This album is fantastic and may really change how video game music is viewed in the hip hop community (and vice versa)!

One random listener will also win a FREE copy of "Forever Famicom", so be sure to tune in live at http://8BitX.com/Streams.html and join us in the chat at http://8Bitx.com/ircchat. The show airs on Wednesday from 7-9PM EST, and is added to the podcast at http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioFreeGamerPodcast on Sundays. We hope to see you this week!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! The first-anniversery episode of Radio Free Gamer is going on right now at http://8bitx.com/streams.html! Check it out :)

We have dwelling of duels, Overcoat's new album, Shiryu's new album, and more lined up for tonight. Randy from Elder-Geek.com will also drop by to discuss their coverage of E3. Tonight will be a really fun show, so if you can't listen live be sure to download the podcast at http://feeds.feedburner.com/radiofreegamerpodcast.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

DarkeSword will be joining us this Wednesday the 15th to discuss the Final Fantasy V remix project! It is certainly one of the most underrated FF games, but think of tunes like "Clash on the Big Bridge (Battle with Gilgamesh)", "Dear Friends", and "As I Feel, You Feel" and imagine the possibilites for a remix project! The interview will happen LIVE, so be sure to jump in the chat during the show to ask your questions!

As always, we'll have more free video game and video game-inspired music for you guys. Join us live on Wednesday at 7PM Eastern only on the 8BitX Internet Radio Network! If you can't listen live, hit up the podcast!

Hey all! I'd just like to remind everyone about the interview with DarkeSword and invite you to post any questions you want me to ask during the show. The interview will be live, so feel free to post here or join the chat during the show if you want your FF5 questions (or any other questions) answered.

If you really wanted to go the extra yard, you could even leave me a voicemail (with questions for DarkeSword, song requests, or other comments) at 206-984-3330 or via Skype at RadioFreeGamer and I'll play it on the air! This is a newly added feature to boost interactivity and get your opinions out there in your own voice.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you guys tonight at 7PM Eastern on 8BitX.com.

• 1 month later...

This week the 8BitX Network is celebrating Halloween with music from some of the best horror games out there! Tune in at 7PM Eastern for Radio Free Gamer, then stay tuned for the 8-Bit Extravaganza at 9PM Eastern. We've gathered together some really good music for the celebration, and we'd appreciate it if you could join us! Listen live at http://8bitx.com/streams.html, and chat at http://8bitx.com/ircchat. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This week Radio Free Gamer will interview MAGFest PR Director Nick Marinelli! We'll also give away 2 free passes to MAGFest! If you want the skinny on how to win, check out the forum post at 8BitX. As always, we're live from 7-9PM Eastern on Wednesday. If you guys have any questions about the contest, or if there's anything you want me to discuss with Nick during our interview, please leave them here or email them to me at radiofreegamer@gmail.com. Thanks!

Tonight's interview is going to be awesome. Dunno if you guys have heard, but MAGFest preregistrations are going four times faster than they have in previous years. This really reflects the good decisions they made to change the date, get great guests, and have their best band lineup to date. Going to be amazing.

And a lucky listener to the show will get 2 free passes :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got some excellent music tonight. In case you haven't peeped this on reddit or twitter,

. Technically the mixes are in 6-channel stereo rather than the usual 3-channel NES tunes, but the effort that went into this remastering really shows. The musician behind this project will join us live to answer your questions, so either join us in the chat tonight from 7-9PM Eastern or leave your questions here if you want them answered.

Yo! The OCR Link's Awakening album might not be out yet, but you can get the lowdown on tonight's RFG as to why you should be excited about it! Of course, we have some great video game music to play as well, including the official Obligatory Ice Level Day album. What is OLID, and what does it have to do with some of your favorite remixers? Well, tune in RIGHT NOW to find out!

After the podcast portion of this week's RFG, we're going to have an official "Super Metroid Remastered" listening party! Tenchux has been dutifully releasing (via Youtube) one song from his new album every day for the past two weeks, and this Wednesday will be your first opportunity to download the whole album in MP3 form! Join us in the 8BitX Chat around 8:15 PM Eastern this Wednesday, December 15th to discuss the album.

As part of the album release, we at 8BitX are also holding a charity drive benefitting Child's Play. Tenchux is still a good ways away from his goal of $1,000, so if you're in a giving mood please hit up the donation site. Every little bit counts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight's episode of RFG will feature music from indie games including Zircon's "Return All Robots" and David Saulesco's "Eternal Daughter", as well as music from AnoSou's "THE ANSWER - Armored Core Tribute Album" and more! I'm listening to the playlist now and it's really really good, so tune in at 7PM Eastern tonight :D

We've also got some gooood news about MAGFest! It looks like I'll be joining Josh Whelchel and Danny Baranowsky on the "Indie Games 101" panel! Be sure to check it out on Saturday at 6PM. If you can't make it to MAGFest, video footage of all the panels and concerts will be added to MAGFest's youtube channel.