Radio Free Gamer podcast

justinj212

Hey guys! I found one or two albums that I'd like to feature on the show, but it wasn't really enough to assemble an entire playlist. I'm going to save those albums for next week, and tonight I'll run whatever you guys want to hear! We'll be live tonight from 7-9PM EST (GMT-5) at http://8bitx.com/ircchat if you want to listen. If you can't make it live but still have a track you'd like featured on the show, then leave it here. Hope to see some of you guys tonight!

Tonight's RFG is going retro! We have some excellent original compositions in that glorious, Genesis FM style, along with some Mega Man mixes and the Tetris Attack OST! We'd love it if you'd join us tonight, from 7-9PM EST at http://8bitx.com/ircchat. Will Strouse will be on from 9-11PM with the 8Bit Extravaganza as well, so don't forget to check him out.

Also, if you missed last week's episode (the interview with Jeron and Eric from Zelda Reorchestrated, along with a full length preview track from Twilight Symphony), then download the episode here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On this week's RFG I have OCRemix's ktriton, Kunal Majmudar. We'll discuss his work on "Missile Master", the latest game OST to be hosted on OCR, as well as any other projects you guys are interested in. Maybe even a postmortem on the "Heroes and Villains" project :D

Be sure to tune in right at 7PM EDT (GMT -4) for the interview! You can listen and chat here. If you can't make it live, then hit up the podcast.

Tonight on RFG Josh Whelchel joins us to discuss Songs for the Cure '11, a collection of video game remixes and original music benefiting the American Cancer Society. Not only is it a good cause, but a donation of $5 will net you an MP3 album with music from the likes of Jake "virt" Kauffman, djpretzel, AnoSou, Danny Baranowsky, and more. Check it the official SftC home page here.

Anyway, Josh and I will hop on the air at 7PM Eastern, so be sure to tune in on time. You can listen and chat right here. Hope to see you tonight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ryu Black of Manafest Vision will join us this week to discuss his Street Fighter inspired tribute album "Perfect." It's a solid album that combines great production with solid performances and clever, engaging sketches. "Perfect" takes the storylines from Street Fighter and crafts something entirely new with original beats and lots of love from an entire cast of SF fans. Listen to the interview live at 7PM EST, Wednesday the 25th. Learn more about the interview and Ryu Black's "Perfect" here.

• 2 weeks later...

First things first: We're live tonight from 7-9PM Eastern doing our E3 super special! Joining us is Randy Yasenchak, supreme editor of independent video game news site Elder-Geek.com. We'll discuss the Wii U, the Vita, and anything else you guys want us to discuss.

Next: NEW FACEBOOK PAGE! I've gotten with the damn times and replaced the crappy old 'group' with a 'fan page'. Check it out! If you're a cool person, you'll 'like' the page and be entered to win my last signed copy of Mega Ran's FF7 Black Materia! See! It's the first day for the facebook page and I already have stuff to give away. More will come, along with exclusive tracks.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd join us tonight for the show. As always, you can listen and chat at 8BitX.com. Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on in about 20 minutes! This week we have Stevo Bortz, aka Level 99, on to discuss the 'NiGHTS into Dreams' album. He'll even share an exclusive preview track with us!

The interview will run throughout the course of the entire show, so feel free to join us any time between 7-9PM EST. You won't miss all of the interview if you can't show up at exactly 7PM! As always, listen and chat right here. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Wow! I haven't updated this thread in a while. The show's been on a bit of a hiatus for a while. I've been thinking about changing the focus of the show, and have made some decisions. But anyway, I'll get into all that during the show tonight.

Be sure to tune in live in ONE HOUR! You can listen and chat here:

http://8bitx.com/ircchat

Hope to see you there! As always we'll have some great, free video game music. I'll discuss the new format of the show as well, so be sure to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So there's been a lot of buzz about Sequence - the Rhythm RPG from Iridium Studios. Turns out the game is awesome for anyone who's into rhythm games like DDR or Rock Band.

Anyway, we're going to have some of the crew from Iridium Studios on the show to discuss Sequence and the development of such a unique title. Be sure to tune in live this Wednesday October 26th at 7PM Eastern to listen and ask your questions! We're doing this live with the developers in the chat, so join us to gush your praise or levy your complaints. Either one works for me.

I've finally realized what 'Sequence' is: a DDRPG. Been researching the game and its developer Iridium Studios, and it turns out 'Sequence' has quite the pedigree. It won 3rd place at the Dream Play Big challenge, and is doing pretty well on Steam. Anyway, if you'd like to learn more about the game I'll be interviewing its creator Jason Wishnov live on the show tonight!

Tonight's a big night for Metroid fans! We have Mustin live on the show to discuss 'Metroid Arrange', the Bad Dudes' tribute to 25 years of the Metroid saga. You can check out Mazedude's contribution to the album on the Bad Dudes homepage. Want more? Well tune in tonight to hear another, exclusive cut from the album! Tune in promptly at 7PM, and join us in the chatroom to ask your questions to Mustin! If you can't listen live, then hit up the podcast.

Hope to see you guys tonight!