OCR01102 - *YES* Marble Madness 'Marble Dancefloor'

djpretzel

This is indeed very catchy and has a fun groove. However, I don't think there's enough here. At times it feels a little too repetitive, underdeveloped and empty. The drums are extremely strong and overpower everything else. But that's a personal production method I guess.

It gets progressively better near the end, but ultimately I don't think it has enough. Beyond the great melody I'm not sure what else is there.

The ending is fairly weak in the way it ends. A longer fade out would have worked better than this kind of abrupt fade out. Palpable's Life Force mix is a much stronger showing so I was expecting more here.

I think i'm going to have to go against the grain here. This isn't quite ready yet. Somewhat borderline given the catchiness of this, but

NO

OW MY EARS THE DRUMS ARE TOO LOUD>>!>!!>!

really tho. it pounds.

maybe my ears are just sensitive.

i'm not terribly impressed...this is fun, but it does repeat quite a bit, and a lot of the sounds are really harsh. the arrangement is simple, but rather effective.

unfortunately....it's still repeating, and it hasn't pulled any new rabbits out of the hat for quite a while. the ending is no different from any other segment of the mix.

too repetitive.

NO

Ok, I'm up to 1:10 and everything is rocking; good layer-ups, introduction to beat, sexy rhythm. Gotta love the rowdy drums and bassline. A little original section comes next and is quickly replaced again by source melody. I keep listening for these little alterations (harmony, counterpoint) snuck in here and there like complimentary vanilla wafers, and I say to myself, "hey, the NES tune is like six measures long and this guy's managed to expand upon it to make beautifully simple electro pop within four minutes."

This does repeat and is faithful to the original melody, yes, but what more can you really do while trying to bear resemblance to the chiptune? We do need to keep in mind just what is being mixed here. If anything, it should have ended at the 3:00 mark without looping and fading out. I do think this is what we're looking for - I'm voting my gut.

YES

I've heard this one several times now and my opinion of it keeps flipping back and forth. Initially I wasn't too impressed, but after awhile the groove gets to be infectious and I agree with Digital Coma that there are quite a few subtle deviations from the original which combine to create a rather mature sounding electro mix.

The ending is the weak link, but overall this one really started to grow on me.

YES