(wip/demo) Final Fantasy versus XIII - "Somnus Nemoris"

Zidane

benrpffv13nampbanner.png

R U S H PRODUCTIONS

This is a fantasy based on reality.

SYNOPSIS

"It's just a silly belief, but it is better if people do not know about the light."

CAST

Piano → Amos To

Noctis → Ben Hales

MEDIA

Noctis At Mansion Piano ( 2 MB | 2:04 mins )

Final Fantasy versus XIII is copyright Square Enix. All materials presented, including, but not limited to, the design, text, graphics, screen shots, media, files, and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyright 2003-2009 RUSH Productions, all rights reserved. Thank you for your support and enjoy!

Apologies for the immediate double-post, but I just wanted everyone to know I am Ben (singing voice). I more or less whipped this up to share with the community so you have a sample of my voice. I did the mixing, but Amos played the piano. I couldn't get all of the background noises from his performance weeded out, and I'm sorry about that. Enjoy and leave constructive criticism please.

The piano kinda drifted off there towards the end. The singing was grand to listen to, but something felt off about it (can't say what.) You should play with the volumes of your voice and your piano. Take my advice with a grain of salt, as I know little about these things.

Darksun, thank you for your kind response. I'm hearing now, I think my voice overpowers the piano a bit much towards the end; that can easily be remedied.

Any other advice before I possibly submit this?

It's kinda short for a remix... a little too short. Try making the piano louder. It's just kinda "bleh..." at the moment. And the voice is great, but maybe adding some reverb would give it a nice "EMPTY ROOM" effect.

hmm, I don't know if I'm hearing something everyone else isn't...because the vocals aren't just a "little" overpowering...the piano is basically non existant and sounds super far away in the background. Piano needs to be brought WAY up.

Don't know your recording set up, but if you have the chance, a stereo recorded piano panned left and right respectively with the vocals in the middle is an awesome way to go for such a recording.

The voice recording is nice and indeed is a pleasant singing voice.

I appreciate all the feedback everyone; this is my first project here and I want to make a good impression. As of now a second mix is underway, I will be back with an update asap. Feel free to add any additional comments during this time.

Weren't you from that site 1337games that kyledude92107 admin'd? Also, I don't really know much at all about any Final Fantasy games whatsoever, but this is excellent. I agree with most people about the piano, and I hope I'm agreeing with most people, if not everyone when I say you have an excellent singing voice. I sound like Simon Cowell... when he's being nice.

• 8 months later...
benrpffv13nampbanner.png

R U S H PRODUCTIONS

This is a fantasy based on reality.

SYNOPSIS

"It's just a silly belief, but it is better if people do not know about the light."

CAST

Piano → Amos To

Noctis → Ben Hales

MEDIA

Noctis At Mansion Piano ( 2 MB | 2:04 mins )

Final Fantasy versus XIII is copyright Square Enix. All materials presented, including, but not limited to, the design, text, graphics, screen shots, media, files, and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyright 2003-2009 RUSH Productions, all rights reserved. Thank you for your support and enjoy!

mm, not bad :)

I like your voice very much, it's very smooth! It's also very refreshing to hear this with a male voice like someone else already pointed out. I don't know much about singing as I only do it in the shower and/or on isolated islands, but in some parts it seems like you falter a little bit, as if you were holding your voice back.

As for the piano, I agree that the volume needs to go waaaay up, it's definitely too distant.

Overall, though, I am very impressed, I wish I could sing half as good as you do! Keep up the good work!