OC ReMix StarCraft Tournament! Round 2 Begins! See Page 18

Garian

I want to see the replays. :-D I may suck at the game, but I do enjoy watching it.

You WOULD want to see the replays.

I bet you're one of those kinda guys who would un-allie at the very end of a match and off your teammate while he's weak. Aren't you. AREN'T YOU.

Fyi, due to not using my BNet account for forever, I created a new one and the account name is WindStrike and not Wind_Strike (no underscore). Just a quick fyi.

... also, I found that I don't know how to do a siege tank rush without getting killed right off the bat by 12 zealots. Though I do know how to lurker rush/dark templar rush, except that I'm Terran, so whatever...

On another note, those are some awesome frigin' maps.

Fyi, due to not using my BNet account for forever, I created a new one and the account name is WindStrike and not Wind_Strike (no underscore). Just a quick fyi.

... also, I found that I don't know how to do a siege tank rush without getting killed right off the bat by 12 zealots. Though I do know how to lurker rush/dark templar rush, except that I'm Terran, so whatever...

On another note, those are some awesome frigin' maps.

Scouting is your friend. If you scout out your opponent and see that he's got 2 gateways up already, you can tell that he'll probably go for a quick zealot attack, as opposed to teching to DTs/templars/whatever. Depending on the circumstances, you should respond by either getting an academy and getting a bunch of firebats to guard your chokepoint, or keep on teching like you'd normally do and get a few vultures (which do quite well against zealots). Once you shrug off the initial rush, you should send your vultures to harass his supply lines, while you tech to tanks, set up another factory etc. He should soon be overwhelmed since he put most of his money on the initial zealot rush.

Well, for TvP you want more than just a few vultures. They act as a meat shield to keep the toss units away from the tanks while the tank fire tears into the toss army, and, like you mentioned, they do full 20 damages per shot against zealots, so a pure zealot army would disintegrate in face of that. Tanks by themselves are quite vulnerable. Firebats typically work very well against zealots too of course, but one advantage with vultures is they are way more multi-purpose. They are faster, you can lay mines, and you can rush past defenses for peon raids. Not to mention that with proper micro, you can kill off zealots without taking any damage, whereas firebats have to get in melee range to engage.

Ah, good to know. I look forward to killing you soon! (or vice versa)

Still gotta warmup in a 1v2 computers real fast, but no rush for the match on our part.

Actually, after asking a friend that actually knows how to do a siege tank rush, I think I can pull it off. And after that comes the battlecruisers. Whee!

Edit: That's why it worked... we always played on an edited version of Killing Fields for fun (dubbed Great Killing Fields) that added a bunch more resources... namely a second vespene geyser at starting locations! Now vultures with spider mines followed up with battlecruisers later... that would work.

JadeAuto and I just played our matches! I won't announce who won just yet, I was curious if anyone would be interested in joining Nekofrog and Battousai for doing some skypecasting to the replays. Since there is a maximum of 24 replays possible, we'll only cast 1 from each set for the first round. Please respond to Battousai or Nekofrog ASAP to set this up.

Also, how are you all doing in getting your matches set up? I had a few thoughts that we may have to extend the deadline by a few days if people are hard to contact or busy... From what I've seen though most of you are fairly active though, so I might just be a bit worried over nothing!

Remember! You can email your replays to garian[at]thasauce[dot]net either as attachments or links to a download!

JadeAuto and I just played our matches! I won't announce who won just yet, I was curious if anyone would be interested in joining Nekofrog and Battousai for doing some skypecasting to the replays. Since there is a maximum of 24 replays possible, we'll only cast 1 from each set for the first round. Please respond to Battousai or Nekofrog ASAP to set this up.

Also, how are you all doing in getting your matches set up? I had a few thoughts that we may have to extend the deadline by a few days if people are hard to contact or busy... From what I've seen though most of you are fairly active though, so I might just be a bit worried over nothing!

Remember! You can email your replays to garian[at]thasauce[dot]net either as attachments or links to a download!

I'll be joining Neko and Battousai for the skype cast.

Questoin: What will us other members being doing when we join the skypecasting? Other commentary, or something else?

Either way, I'm totally up for joining. Just need to update Skype.

I can't seem to get in touch with my opponent... It doesn't look like Elesarana frequents OC often enough to get my PMs. Does anyone know the best way to get in contact?

I've seen her in #ocrtf2 a few times but that's it. I mostly know her from playing TF2, but I'm sure garian knows her better so he'll help you out.

Aww, really? I thought that match was pretty close, right up until I made those guardians at the end :puppyeyes: And I don't know what they heck I would've done if I was Protoss or Terran.

I was hoping to get some matches with someone near my skill level... On BNet, most 1on1 "noob only" games are against players who aren't actually newbies, but I play them anyway or else I'd never be able to play any 1on1 games. And 2vs2 noob only games depend almost completely on the skill of my ally (especially if he's good enough to tell me what to do ^_^)

But I am pretty busy this week. Well, time to get ready for...

Battousai!!!1 :o

Well there's always next tournament.