OC ReMix StarCraft Tournament! Round 2 Begins! See Page 18

Garian

If anyone doesn't show up, I'd volunteer to replace them... but unfortunatley I won't be able to play next week =(

....Unofficial "losers tournament" anyone?

Also Battousai and Bleck: since I'm unavailable next week, can you let me know when you're finished your matches so we can do ours ASAP? I doubt I can win, but I long for combat, as it were.

nekofrog: both you and your opponent have AIM, has he not been logged in? He's posted in the thread since the matchups were announced as much as you have so maybe you guys are just missing each other. Set yourselves up a time today and get it on!

Gario: I TOTALLY dropped the ball, last night I was playing l4d with Elesarana and didn't say to set up a game with you. If I see her on steam before I go to work I'll tell her to check her messages here, and certainly will after work tonight.

Native Jovian: If your opponent doesn't get in contact with you you'll advance since your opponent has not responded since the match-ups were announced. Sorry that you have to take a bye-week if that's the case, if you want a game I'll be up for one tonight :)

Steam is free. A bit bloated to just use as an IM client (where's my trillian steam-chat plugin when I need it?) but it does well.

Plus, it's a good way to get ubercheap games.

/endsidetrack

Can't wait to see the 'casts of the games, as well as round 2!

Hate to do it but today was the deadline... Nekofrog and Native Jovian will be proceeding to the next round as their opponents were no-shows. I've been in contact with both of them on IRC and it's kinda frustrating that it happened. Part of that too was the informal nature of our first tournament, for the team tournament we'll have established match times so that we don't have a repeat offense.

Bleck informed me that he's dropping out because he's not familiar with the game, so Battousai also gets a freebie. :\

Gario and Elesarana are the last matchup that I need replays from and as I've been in touch with both AND was informed that they were setting up a time to play, I'll grant them an exception to the deadline. I'm not going to penalize anyone for not saving their replays since I've got replays for the other matches (thanks vega12 and windstrike!) I'm going to review all of the replays and send the ones I think are going to make for the best commentary to Nekofrog and Battousai, talk with them about joining the skypecast. I'm fairly certain that Battousai will be recording it as well, in order to sync the commentary to videos of the replays :)

Sorry I've been kinda lax about the management guys, hopefully round 2 will go a bit smoother!

It's fine, Gario. We have most of the replays to be casted whenever Neko and Eddie set up a time for that, once they get recorded I'll host an archive of the first round replays and the second round will begin. Good luck :)

haha friendly hunter, round 2 can start after we have all of the casts finished, i'll announce the winners of the matchups and then we can start. AND! since the second round will all be people who were around during the first we shouldn't have any no-shows :)

if you have steam or use IRC get in touch with me and i'll play against you some time :)

I can't get on Bnet, at the moment (or for a while, by the looks of it). I'm afraid I've got to forfeit the match. Sorry - I'll enjoy watching what you guys got, though.

Thus, Elesarana would be winner by default... Gah! I wish I could find my original CDs to reinstall the damn thing so I could fix this, but I lost them (I wouldn't have this problem if I had them :banghead:).

haha friendly hunter, round 2 can start after we have all of the casts finished, i'll announce the winners of the matchups and then we can start. AND! since the second round will all be people who were around during the first we shouldn't have any no-shows :)

if you have steam or use IRC get in touch with me and i'll play against you some time :)

The problem is I only have one or two days left to play, since I wasn't expecting to make it past round 1... and since I know I can't beat Battousai twice (ok, MAYBE I can, but I doubt it), I don't have to worry about round 3. Also Bleck (Battousai's round 1 opponent) and Tensai (my round 1 opponent) both dropped before we started our matches, so anyone who reads this thread already knows who "won", and there's no casting to be done for our matches.

How's the casting going by the way?

Thus, Elesarana would be winner by default... Gah! I wish I could find my original CDs to reinstall the damn thing so I could fix this, but I lost them (I wouldn't have this problem if I had them :banghead:).

My Broodwar CD literally exploded inside the CD-ROM drive. There was a giant POP! and it cracked into many many pieces. Thank God for Alcohol.

[Edit]

And I've yet to get a reply to my PM to Battousai. Don't let me win this round by default!! =P