OC ReMix StarCraft Tournament! Round 2 Begins! See Page 18

Garian

Keep us updated!

It's been a day, so I'll put this in an img tag (if you didn't see it yesterday thanks to my nifty lemon chiffon)

ocrscbracketrev2.jpg

Yeah my voice is a little low compared to Nekofrog, so I'll have it upped for the next casts. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ok guys! go ahead and get those round 2 games going, and be sure to maintain the format "Gar R02 G1.rep" and here are the three maps you will need:

Destination download

Neo Medusa download

Othello

Okay, nothing works... and I mean nothing works (Diablo II, Warcraft 3, etc.) on any online server. I'm beginning to suspect that the problem is much larger than I had first anticipated, as these things used to work (a few months ago I played DII with Tensei, so it worked, then).

Yeah, in short, I'm really up a creek with this tourney... I suspect that it's something to do with my connection, as it's incredibly unreliable with live feedback and such on the internet (I can't connect on IRC either, for example), so I really think I can't do anything about this one.

Sorry, but I really do need to forfeit this (I really did try to get it working though :puppyeyes:) - by the time I get this working again you guys will be done with the tourney. Thanks for trying to help though, Garian and Battousai.

well, nekofrog and battousai have a lot of stuff coming up, neko is running on a laptop right now and is more obsessed with getting tf2 to run at >9 fps, and battousai is preparing for his trip to korea, and neither of their opponents have contacted me either, so i'm kinda just sitting back and waiting. Gario is still having connectivity issues so windstrike is getting a bye week... I've seen native jovian on IRC but he hasn't actually been active, stuff may have come up for him too.

Right now though, I'm just taking a bit more of a laid back approach, we can let things fall in their place, no "deadline" to get your games done or anything-- and if you're hungering for some games, tensei has been playing on iccup a lot and i assume he would appreciate the ability to practice against someone against specific builds without actually having it be a ranked game... try sending him an email/pm or come on IRC and wait for him to pop on, he's usually active during the morning/daytime for the USA users (hooray netherlands time~).

I've recently discovered just how facesmashingly awesome a good 1v1 can be, so if anyone's interested, hit me up on IRC or Steam (ID: FireSlash)

Fair warning that I've only played two real matches (ie not against AI), so I'm not that good yet:tomatoface:

So uhhh... anyone know just what the heck this is and where it came from?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?etyu3ytyjmz

It's this random thing I picked up from someone else, but I never found out anything else about it... except that it's funny, messed up, and made of Starcraft (and someone terrible with grammar).

Also, I encourage the #ocrsc channel, for it and everyone in it is awesome.

Well it sounds like someone who knows English is reading stuff written by people who don't know English. At first I thought it might be chat text from a multiplayer game, but it must be a REALLY bad fanfic about the StarCraft campaign. Personally I prefer reading hilariously bad fanfics to listening to them. Having an intelligent person read it to you just makes it less funny.

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, i was REALLY hoping Eddie and Nekofrog would be able to get their games in order, but too much crap has been happening for both of them right now... So they're both DQ'd and we're moving on to the semifinals. You'll have to give me a little bit of time to pick a new map or two to bring into the rotation, but we should have them by friday, and you'll be free to play your games as soon as I post the maps.

Also: if someone can 'shop the fancy bracket that Eddie made a few pages back, that'd be super :)

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, i was REALLY hoping Eddie and Nekofrog would be able to get their games in order, but too much crap has been happening for both of them right now... So they're both DQ'd and we're moving on to the semifinals.

Wait... so I'm in the semi-finals without playing a match yet? VERY NICE! :nicework:

Unless by "DQ'd" you mean "Dairy Queen'd". I think both Neko and Battousai deserve a Blizzard ^_^

Also: if someone can 'shop the fancy bracket that Eddie made a few pages back, that'd be super :)

But we don't know all the winners (or at least I don't). With Battousai and Nekofrog busy, I assume that means no replay-casting for round 2? =(

ocrscbracketrev2.jpg
Gario is still having connectivity issues so windstrike is getting a bye week...

Wait... so this means I'm against wind_strike right now? Since both of us didn't get to play round 2, do you think windstrike and I could play round 3 using round 2's maps, instead of waiting for the new round 3 maps? If that's ok with windstrike of course. We played two games and each won one, so this should be an interesting series ^_^

I only remember the match where you kinda owned me (though I screwed up pretty badly to start with).

I'm fine with that... if garian is too.

In other news, hooray for the recent implementaion of any music in Brawl... and it further screwing up my sleep schedule.

I only remember the match where you kinda owned me (though I screwed up pretty badly to start with).

The first one was when I built the all the sunken colonies too far away from my drones, so your marines gunned down all my drones from behind the minerals and I completely died =p (That was against you, right?)

In other news, hooray for the recent implementaion of any music in Brawl... and it further screwing up my sleep schedule.

Looks like we're on even footing in that respect...

sorry guys, i've been pretty distracted (tf2, l4d, sf4, work). the matches are going to be JadeAuto vs NativeJovian and FriendlyHunter vs Wind_Strike

The maps will be:

Heartbreak Ridge

Garden of God

Destination

take about a week to get your games played, then email me the replays... i'll post jade and vega's replays to http://hosting.thasauce.net/users/Garian/Starcraft/ sooner or later