OC ReMix @ Otakon 2009! Lunchtime info!

Bahamut

OverClocked ReMix @ Otakon 2009

July 17th-19th, 2009

Baltimore, MD

http://www.otakon.com/

OC ReMix panel time: Saturday, July 18, 6:15-8:15PM, Panel 4 (top floor)

Lunch info!

Saturday, July 18, 1 pm @ Tir Na Nog (reservation under Anna Ziskind)

Xerol's BBQ

Sunday, July 19, 12 pm - ? @ Xerol's place in Timonium, MD (PM Xerol Oplan for directions)

So with Otakon looming in the next two months, I was wondering who was going.

I'll use this first post to keep track of people going/events going on (in particular, the OCR panel).

People attending

Bahamut

Brushfire

Daniel Rydell

djpretzel

DragonAvenger

Dyne

Escariot

José the Bronx Rican

Kizyr

Liontamer

Murmeli Walan

Ninja-san

Palpable

Rubedo Alaberti

Sindra

Triad Orion

Vimk

Xerol

People interested in going

Arrowned

Salluz

SGX

Sindra

This will be my first year that I will be attending - I'm not really an anime person, but I'm more interested in spending time with fellow OCRers who'll be there (and it comes at a convenient time for me, given my traveling schedule). After seeing all sorts of people I've missed at previous Otakons, I figure it's about time I show my face at this one.

I'll definitely be going again this year!

May even have a panel this time around (got it in before deadline this time).

I'm helping Dom staff "Jamspace" this year, so I'll probably just be in there all weekend :)

Also, more BBBQs.

The BBQ last time was fun. I'm in if you have another one this year. KF

Definitely a maybe again. Just like last year, I want to go, and living 30 minutes away makes for an easy daily drive, but I'm simply not sure I'll be able to pull it off this time.

If I can't make Otakon itself and there's another BBQ Sunday afternoon though, I should have no problem hitting that up.

I'd love to but I really do think it would be physically impossible to pull off. I got lost in my own fucking APARTMENT once. And its one of those stories you think "Oh, well, he has a pretty good excuse for it."

I really don't. :(

Maybe I could get a ride from someone and split the cost?

Probably would help to mention where do you live around.

I don't see how, but I live in Sevierville, TN. The only person I know of that lives near me that might go is BGC.

Can you drive from there? From Sevierville, it's... maybe 9 hours? Possibly less if you don't make any stops.0

Plus a cheap alternative to hotels in downtown Baltimore is getting one along I-95 between the Beltway and Baltimore; from there, it's like a 15-20 minute drive in each day.

Also, if you know anyone even along the way, you could split costs. (Or, alternatively, if any of the folks in Nashville are going, they could pick you up along the way all the same?)

Just tossing out suggestions here. KF

Can you drive from there? From Sevierville, it's... maybe 9 hours? Possibly less if you don't make any stops.0

Plus a cheap alternative to hotels in downtown Baltimore is getting one along I-95 between the Beltway and Baltimore; from there, it's like a 15-20 minute drive in each day.

Also, if you know anyone even along the way, you could split costs. (Or, alternatively, if any of the folks in Nashville are going, they could pick you up along the way all the same?)

Just tossing out suggestions here. KF

I tried driving out of the state once.

Ended up in the wrong state. :)

Bad sense of direction? Also, couldn't you try to print something out from Google Maps for directions?

Well, directions are filled with extremely vague signal markers that give me absolutely no indication on where I am. I have to see and remember how its done like 10 times before I get it.

Also, Google Maps once showed you how to drive to England from Wisconsin.

I mean, I'd love to try it, but there's just too good a chance I'll take a wrong turn in Alburqurque and end up Shit Creek without a boat.