OC ReMix @ Otakon 2009! Lunchtime info!

Bahamut

Sounds like fun. I haven't had food at either place, and I do want to see Rare Candy's performance. Besides, I don't really have anything too terribly interesting until the OCR panel. Oh yeah, I'm staying in the Hampton on Redwood Street, so I'm not far.

Currently I'm in Manassas, VA, at my brother's place. I'm looking forward to, and not looking forward to, going tomorrow, as I did not preregister. Hooray for 3 hour waits!

Tomorrow I'll be going as Lucca from Chrono Trigger (yes, I am lazy and reusing from last year). Saturday expect to see me as Zidane from FFIX!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Currently I'm in Manassas, VA, at my brother's place. I'm looking forward to, and not looking forward to, going tomorrow, as I did not preregister. Hooray for 3 hour waits!

Tomorrow I'll be going as Lucca from Chrono Trigger (yes, I am lazy and reusing from last year). Saturday expect to see me as Zidane from FFIX!

Can't wait to see you guys!

I didn't get my badge either today because the prereg line was ridiculous (wrapped around the building twice) - gonna be waiting in line with a friend at some point tomorrow too.

Edit: Dave, I'm up for it - I'll give you a call sometime Saturday morning then? If anyone wants my number, PM me and I can leave you a PM tomorrow night with my #.

I'll be holed up in Jamspace all day so make sure to swing by and participate a bit.

Little bit of bad news about the BBQ: We're getting replacement windows in August and as a result the patio's a mess. There's plenty of space out in the yard and whatnot, it'll just be a little more crowded than previous years. And if it rains we'll have to run inside the house.

My two fav. places are Tir Na Nog and Houlihan's; tend to be a little less crowded, as well.

Any thoughts on either, for lunch?

What's Houlihan's? I've been passing by Tir Na Nog for years and keep meaning to try it out.

Rare Candy will be playing at 3pm in Jamspace on Sat., that seems like something a lot of folks (incl. myself) would wanna catch, as well.

So maybe lunch at 1:00pm at either joint, then shlep over to JamSpace afterwards to show some VGM support?

Sounds like a plan to me.

I didn't get my badge either today because the prereg line was ridiculous (wrapped around the building twice) - gonna be waiting in line with a friend at some point tomorrow too.

Edit: Dave, I'm up for it - I'll give you a call sometime Saturday morning then? If anyone wants my number, PM me and I can leave you a PM tomorrow night with my #.

I saw that line. We got there a little after five, and ended up waiting in line for almost two hours, but we got our badges last night. Wish you luck getting in today Wes!

The BBQ is officially starting at noon but since I just got paid today and still have to go buy food/stuff it'll probably actually start around 1. I'm not sure when most people are planning to show up. Things will probably be going late (at least until 11 pm) so there's no pressure outside of travel plans to get there or leave at any specific time.

The BBQ is officially starting at noon but since I just got paid today and still have to go buy food/stuff it'll probably actually start around 1. I'm not sure when most people are planning to show up. Things will probably be going late (at least until 11 pm) so there's no pressure outside of travel plans to get there or leave at any specific time.

I know I said I was going to come to the BBQ, but I just came to the realization that by the time I'm done at Otakon today, I'll have to be heading home anyway. So I'm going to skip the BBQ this year. My apologies Xerol. Also, I don't have directions to your place anyway, and I won't have any way of getting them because we're going to be checked out by 8:15-8:30, so by the time you see this post, we'll most likely be at the convention for the last time.

Oh by the way, there's a convention happening in King of Prussia, Pa this fall called Zenkaikon. -- http://www.zenkaikon.com/index.php -- I'm hopeful about going to that con, should be fun. If anyone's interested in an OCR meet up there, I definitely think it'd be fun. And then of course... MAGFEEEEEEEEEEEEST!!!!!

See you guys soon!

If anyone at the BBQ's reading, sorry I couldn't make it. Same problem I had the whole weekend: no phone and no contacts. At least I learned Cali Tort has their own free hotspot. And now to kill a couple of hours until my bus shows up. I still had more than enough fun. More to say in the morning.

And I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye to you, Wes, and others. For some reason, it slipped my mind that you all would be going to the listening party and that I wouldn't be going to the BBQ and wouldn't be seeing you again. Well, safe trip back.

As always, I looked forward to an epic panel, and you guys, once more, delivered. I think Wes did very well for his first time in front of a large audience. Larry was definitely hilarious as always. I'd like to thank Kroze, Xerol and Dom for the opportunity to help film the panel, as well as the camera (Dom, thanks!), and Xerol for making it possible (by going to get said camera from Club Otaku/JamSpace). I definitely have to try to get an HD Camera of some type in the future for this purpose.

Otakon was a lot of fun. Though honestly, I still see improvements that could be made, especially when it comes to the basically non-existant tokens they mention every year, but don't seem to make use of for voice actor autographs. Still, a very fun 'con, and the better security this year was a welcome addition as well.

Last, but most definitely not least, Echoes of Betrayal Light of Redemption... I haven't listened to it all yet since I didn't have time Saturday night, and then I came home today and just got started listening to it. I've really only previewed a few tracks, but I put them all on my iPhone for work tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun listening to it at work.

What a great close to my vacation.